The Black Water Vampire Reviews

• Apr 20, 2017

My goodness, this is bad. In a forgettable way. Unsympathetic and idiotic characters, beat-for-beat plot retreat of the 'Blair Witch Project', and I actually laughed aloud at the monster reveal. Better than some found footage movies, but only watch if you're bored or curious (even though the reveal is spoiled by both title and poster!).

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 03, 2016

Most every modern day Found Footage Horror emulates The Blair Witch Project in some way or other, but never before have I seen a film so blatantly rip it off as The Black Water Vampire. The creature design for the titular vampire was semi-decent, seems very inspired by Craig Conway's Scar in The Descent, and the decision to withhold it from the audience until the third act was a nice touch. Or more, it would have been a nice touch, if it wasn't for the fact that we get our first look at the damn thing ON THE COVER OF THE MOVIE. All told Black Water Vampire is a ripoff of a fair few different movies which were all done far better, but that said, I suppose I've never actually seen a Found Footage Horror about a vampire before, so there's at least that.

• Jun 02, 2015

great until the reveal...

great until the reveal...

• Mar 04, 2015

You know what? This wasn't as bad as expected. It certainly wasn't good, but it just wasn't AS bad I expected.

• Aug 07, 2014

Found footage horror films are not usually my thing, but this was very watchable. Acting was much better than expected, though it dragged a bit in the middle and the ending wasn't exactly a surprise... overall decent entertainment, just don't expect to be blown away!

• Mar 17, 2014

There's a ton of knock-off found footage films out there, "The Black Water Vampire" doesn't stray too far from what you've already seen before. It nearly takes every aspect of "The Blair Witch Project" and regurgitates it with a winter backdrop and throw in a vampire to the mix. Regardless of its unoriginality, I couldn't help but like it for what it was: a guilty pleasure film with a neat twist ending. It's a minor step up from the recent horror disaster that was "Devil's Due".

• Feb 22, 2014

this was a good movie i love found footage films

this was a good movie i love found footage films

• Feb 06, 2014

I would rate this lower but the director intended of portraying tribute to films like Blair Witch, which I got but there was nothing impressive or original that would make this film memorable. The whole found footage thing was well not at its best and I would've expected more chills and thrills in this format with more of an active crew. A good attempt but didn't get the job done. This was more of a tribute film than a horror movie, and simply put the whole hillbilly vampire child thing didn't make sense at all. This is a movie you could avoid and never even know you missed something. Better luck next time boys. I do agree with a review I read about this film that it should've been a normally shot endeavor rather than food footage, yes it would've changed the complexion of this movie greatly.

• Jan 26, 2014

i ended up liking this more than i originally thought i would -- it's not bad. it's a "found footage" type film which always seems sketchy, but i think they pulled it off well. i liked the story -- which was a little more original than most vampire movies, and to my surprise, the vampire was more creature-like than human-like (which i loved). i'd say it's worth the watch, if you're into that kind of thing.

• Jan 25, 2014

It was a cheesy movie for sure fake a times as well silly movie for sure thought it would be better then it was