The Book of Esther Reviews

• Mar 01, 2019

The Biblical story of Esther is one that I have heard since I was a child. I am genealogist and researcher. I loved the movie.

• Feb 16, 2017

Good movie even with the added dramatic scenes that are not in the Bible

Good movie even with the added dramatic scenes that are not in the Bible

• Apr 15, 2014

What could've been an inspiring tale of a woman whose faith and courage earns her a spot next to other gigantic Biblical titans such as David, Joseph, Moses and Joshua ends up being an uneventful film that's as stale as bread left out on the counter for a month. Ironically, for being a story that's actually out of the Bible, it's considerably less preachy than God's Not Dead. However, what this film may lack in unintentional cheese it certainly makes up for with its "this was filmed at a local church fundraiser with party store props" quality. Full review at http://silverscreenfanatic.com/2014/04/14/what-the-hell-were-they-thinking-15/

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Apr 12, 2014

As a Historian of Art and Archaeologist who had a special interest in Bible Archaeology, I really wanted to see what the end result of this movie is. The Book of Esther is a book in the Ketuvim ("writings"), the third section of the Jewish Tanakh (the Hebrew Bible) and is part of the Christian Old Testament. It tells the story of a Jewish girl named Hadassah and Esther. Esther became queen of Persia and thwarted a plan to commit genocide against her people. Inspiring story, definitely, and I was expecting an inspiring film, as well. [img]http://images.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/66351_large.jpg[/img] What I got was a B-grade Biblical movie with no zeal, no chemistry, bad acting, screenplay which had no inspiration or feel for a good dialogue and a directing by David A. R. White which reminded me on school plays for Christmas! If I have to look for a positive thing in this movie, I could find few minor things, and the only reason I stayed until the end is the actual background story - I wanted to see how much spirit this film crew can take out of it! I admit I was angry. Jen Lilley was Queen Esther and even when she tried the hardest that wasn't enough to be convincible. Joel Smallbone as King Xerxes was pathetic, and Thaao Penghlis as Haman reminded me on 1940's with his style of acting. The only brighter star was Robert Miano as Mordecai but do not get carried away - just enough to be mentioned as an actor. Why cannot those religious zealots find real professionals who can make an inspirational movie with passion and love... like they do not know those words at all?! It seems that the highest passion in real life of the actors appearing in this movie was to fake an orgasm, because they seemed incapable of anything close to the real thing. If you want to watch a movie which can be described with one word - lame, you found a perfect choice!

• Dec 30, 2013

over acting. Story is not biblical in places

over acting. Story is not biblical in places

• Jul 08, 2013

Good story from the book of Esther who with bravery stands up for the Jewish people as Queen of Persia .