The Bourne Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Legacy Reviews

½ November 21, 2015
A pathetic and useless follow-up to an excellent trilogy, making us follow another fugitive guy while Jason Bourne is only mentioned but never appears. Besides, apart from a few efficient scenes, it is mostly confusing and tedious, especially in its uninspired chase scenes.
November 6, 2015
Not as good as the others but still enjoyable. I like how they differentiate Renner from Damon's character. He's exceptionally smart and can make fake identities and documents. He's charismatic and persuasive when dealing with the public. I wouldn't mind a sequel.
November 6, 2015
Much better then i thought it would be. I was excpecting a half-ass movie just to cash in on a already existing franchise, but I'm happily surpriced.
October 16, 2015
para seguir la saga!
October 15, 2015
This movie is lucky it was partly filmed in the Philippines. Without those scenes, I would give it 2 stars.
½ September 19, 2015
Vermakelijk maar kan niet wachten op weer een ECHTE Bourne met Matt en Paul!
September 15, 2015
honestly wasn't expecting much. very pleasantly surprised. liked the concurrent story line angle to Ultimatum. and a good shoot'em-up to boot. Ed Norton can carry any movie. Sorry Jeremy.
½ September 13, 2015
a pretty decent fourth entry. Renner is very good in this movie though he lacks the straightforward charisma Damon had that carried the previous 3. The story is decent and the on screen chemistry vetween Weis and renner are great. The previous three set the bar so high its hard to compare. The story did have me engaged I will admit and I never had moments I drifted away.
September 10, 2015
Surprisingly not too shabby. Probably the first movie that I've actually liked Jeremy Renner
September 3, 2015
I never thought this movie would work without Matt Damon, the heart of the franchise, but Tony Gilroy pulled it off and made a good action film with a good storyline.
½ August 31, 2015
Boring when you need to see all movies before. Complicated and very slow story and movement. Just boring and hard-to-tell plot.
½ August 25, 2015
A movie that runs parallel in time to the last Bourne installment, this side story explores how far the training Bourne received has spread into other government programs. Although I miss Matt Damon in the lead role, Jeremy Renner does a great job and so does Rachel Weisz. Looking forward to the next Bourne movie!
August 17, 2015
I love Jeremy Renner so anything with him in it is great. As a fan of the Bourne series I was thrilled to hear he would be involved and I was not let down here. Action, suspense, emotional, Edward Norton was fabulous and the chemistry that Renner and Rachel Weisz had was AMAZING
August 9, 2015
I enjoyed this one. Was good to see what made the agents so good at what they do.
½ August 8, 2015
Seems like a 'greatest hits' collection of action set pieces from the previous movies, though more generic in all aspects. Less distinctive flavour in the camera direction and characters, and kind of a confusing story. But it's not without it's highlights, there are some memorable aspects of the story and action scenes, that are enjoyable on their own right. It's just not very 'Bourne'. Aaron Cross is very different from Bourne. He's not a bad character, it's just jarring for this series.
Overall this film seems more formulaic than the original trilogy.
½ August 6, 2015
Enjoyed this with great company, but it was unoriginal, quite unevenly paced and there was a lack of sparkle or wit in the dialogue or emotional investment in the characters. The ending was an off-the-shelf sailing into the sunset fallback. However, Weisz and Renner were quality with a burgeoning relationship throughout, there is a great conversation between them in a car, and there are a couple of excellent set pieces where you are rooting for the hero against wolves and dodgy agents. Ed Norton was totally wasted I thought as he just spent the whole movie being annoyed in dark rooms. David Straithairn was a wraith. A missed opportunity. The Greengrass/Damon combo was much better.
August 3, 2015
Suffering from an absence of Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass, The Bourne Legacy fails to reach the high potential of the original Bourne trilogy
½ July 27, 2015
So, I'm not going to compare this to the other Bourne movies because honestly, I've only seen the first one, so I can't do it any justice to compare them, but, as a movie on it's own, Legacy is very well done. Great acting from pretty much everyone in this but the winner is definitely the action scenes and Jeremy Renner definitely kicks some major ass in this. It may have benefited a little more from not having the Bourne name although it is mentioned slightly, it is a completely different story from the original. RECOMMENDED for people who want great action and acting, and just an overall great film.
½ July 24, 2015
Although Jeremy Renner is a great lead, this movie lacks in many things including story telling and a more bizarre plot that most of the time comes out as confusing and boring.