The Boys Club Reviews

• Feb 23, 2014

There isn't a whole lot going on, and it takes a while to really get anywhere, but it is rather interesting. The characters aren't the strongest point, but there is some decent suspense and good moments. Plenty of bad parts though.

• Sep 07, 2008

I THOUGHT IT WAS A PRETTY GD FILM TO WATCH AND DEVON SAWA AND JARRED BLANCARD DID GREAT IN AS WELL TO AND IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT ITS ABOUT THREE TEENAGE BOYS IN A SMALL TOWN SOUTHERN ONTARIO ARE THRILLED WHEN LUKE COOPER A MYSTERIOUS AMERICAN FUGITIVE WITH A GUNSHOT WOUND IN HIS LEG DECIDES TO CRASH THEIR SERCRET HIDEOUT AND LUKE TELLS THEM THATS HE'S A COP ON THE RUN FROM CORRUPT COLLEAGUES AND SWEARS THEM TO SILENCE AS HE RECUPERATES HE BECOMS THEIR BUDDY AND CONFIDANTE BY THE TIME THE BOYS REALIZE LUKE IS NOT WHO HE PRETENDS TO BE THEY'RE IN WAY OVER THEIR HEAD=]

• Aug 14, 2008

The Boys Club takes place in a small town in Ontario. During a teacher's strike, three bored 14 year old boys hang out in an abandoned shack in the forest that no one else seems to know about. One day, they discover a man in their shack, who claims to be a cop and has been shot in the leg. He tells them he has been shot by another cop and that he needs to stay for awhile and then will be on his way. The boys help him get cleaned up, tend to his wounds, bring him food and alcohol and bullets for his gun. Later, we learn that the man is not a cop, but a cop killer and towards the end of the movie, he turns on the boys. The fugitive is played by Chris Penn, who, in my opinion gives an excellent performance - perhaps the best in his career. Watch for a cameo with singer Bif Naked, as the Liquor Store Manager.

• Mar 24, 2008

very interesting indie film, but quite good

very interesting indie film, but quite good

• Mar 23, 2008

Chris Penn does a really good performance (maybe his best) in this exciting thriller.

• Jan 19, 2008

They filmed this in georgetown, i used to live there!!!! HA! I really liked this movie manly 'cause i knew everywhere that they were.

• Jan 18, 2008

I used to obsess over this movie, I thought the premise sounded so cool and dark and I got really excited because it seemed like a good thriller. AND it wasn't too bad, but not that great either. I used to think Devon Sawa was such a bad ass, and while he grew up to be kind of a wiener, he isn't too bad here. And Chris Penn is awesome, it's a shame he had to leave us.

• Dec 05, 2007

Obscure Canadian indie starring Chris Penn probably served as inspiration for other, better indies in the genre.

• Oct 24, 2007

this movie is a classic one of my fav movies when i was growing up

this movie is a classic one of my fav movies when i was growing up

• Oct 08, 2007

yeah alright so not the best acting, but Chris Penn was pretty awesome throughout the whole movie. It is a great Canadian classic and one of my favourite movies of all time, if you get a chance make sure you watch it!!