The Bridge (Die Brück) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bridge (Die Brück) Reviews

December 30, 2012
Interesting war film about a group of boys who get into real war during the end of the third reich. Many action scenes, an interesting storyline, but somehow many of the scenes remain rather.. well, not believable. Franka Potente as the actress who falls for one of the boys, its just a bit odd also, if you ask me, but generally speaking all the characters are really well thought of and the acting is fine. Its just the plot is not very deep or complex enough, it is rather easily guessable, and when the violence becomes as central as here, there is the danger of losing focus with the story. Fortunately, the film never loses focus with the characters. I think this is an original, although a bit confusing, war movie with fine acting and an interesting story. It is actually quite exciting and one is interested in following what happens to the group of boys when they have to go to war.
October 22, 2012
February 5, 2012
Very average war film. The action scenes are decent enough but the plot doesn't hold up, some melodramatic acting and poor screenplay make the film pretty dumb. It was watchable so maybe I'm being harsh but there's much better WW2 stuff out there.