The Broken Circle Breakdown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Broken Circle Breakdown Reviews

September 4, 2017
very depressing secular story made worse by a foreigner's anti American and Christian pseudo intellectual anfry rants when the irony is he's in love with our bluegrass which is as solid American and CHRISTIAN as one can get!!!
½ July 6, 2017
Fantastic film with a beautiful but painful ending. Well, then again, it was painful throughout. It took a bit to start (Which is why I first stopped watching it at the 20 minute mark), but then it took off in so many emotions. The acting was phenomenal and the story and themes really hit home. What a great film.
February 22, 2017
"I've always known. That it was too wonderful to be true. That it couldn't last. That life isn't like that, life isn't generous. You mustn't love someone, you mustn't become attached to someone, life begrudges you that."

Fuck this movie for making it rain on my face. Goddammit.
February 6, 2017
J'en pleure encore...
November 18, 2016
Beautifully uplifting and devastating in equal measure. The acting is just brilliant. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to watch it again...
April 6, 2016
A heartbreaking and emotional film about loss and moving on. Although the second half of The Broken Circle Breakdown is not as strong as its first half, and it is scattershot in terms of what message it's trying to convey, but overall, it is a well-crafted movie with very strong lead performances. It's tragic and not an easy film to watch, but it's worth seeing.
February 27, 2016
Moving and some great Bluegrass
January 28, 2016
Guy meet girl, sparks, and make baby girl. The whole is a passionate time where mid-stream, bad luck strikes and their little heaven dissolve. It dissolve or breaks down with a passion as well. A beautiful film that reminds us why so many believe in something... maybe even the ones that loudly claims they don't.
January 28, 2016
January 18, 2016
ma č legale anche solo pensare ad una trama del genere?

il film pių triste della storia dei film tristi
December 31, 2015
A film about passion within a relationship, within their love of their music, within the tragedy of the story that unfolds. The Broken Circle Breakdown may well be the movie find of the year that has had the most profound impact to me; for it is raw, real and connected and within its darkest colour hues there is such a bright light shining out. I cannot recommend it enough.
½ December 8, 2015
Superb film. Terrific acting. Powerful.
November 28, 2015
Brilliant Dutch film full of passion & joy. Still, a devastating film (tissues required).
September 22, 2015
An intense look at perhaps a relationship's greatest test. The subject matter is heartbreaking, but as a drama it's first class.
½ September 14, 2015
A love story, and a tragedy, at first sight. Actually, a deep discussion about the meaning of death, the Christian meaning of death, namely: not the end of everything, it is to arrive home, indeed.
The music is great, from beginning to end: OK, my judgement is biased here, I have always loved the bluegrass music. However, the choice of the songs here is really tasty, and, always, it perfectly fits the story. For example, the choice of the song Wayfaring Stranger, with its deep and meaningful lyrics, is perfect: and I can not add anything more, to not spoil the film. However, when you hear the song (I am a poor wayfaring stranger ...), pay deep attention to the words, they are functional to the story.
A great movie, that deserves a second view, and, for the music lovers, any number.
August 20, 2015
The movie was a mixture of the bright side of young coupe and the dark side of their daughter's cancer. They were not "decent" couple with a lot of tattoos, but I liked a lady's voice when she sang.
½ July 29, 2015
A very dark film, one that will only prove meaningful to those who can endure it. The musical score alone is worth giving this one a chance.
June 25, 2015
String emotions in play in this movie right through . With a strong story line moving through 2 timelines and great performances it does encapsulate you. Good direction and editing too with a good soundtrack of classics .