The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best Reviews

½ July 29, 2014
This is a typical indie road trip movie. But is a little better than average. The music is interesting and the script has some really funny moments. But it's also really cliche at the same time. Ryan O'Nan and Michael Weston are funny together, and I've always found Arielle Kebbel interesting to watch. Some of the funniest stuff though comes from Wilmer Valderrama. He is only in one scene, but he's really funny. So, this isn't bad, it's just predictable.
January 2, 2014
Great music. Bit silly in parts.
July 3, 2013
On another day I might have turned this off after half an hour but I found it quirky and enjoyed it. However, just as it got going it ended.
May 4, 2013
The music that came out of this film is absolutely amazing. Perfect film in my opinion.
½ February 24, 2013
It plods along and it never moves out of 2nd gear. You get the feeling that this was an experiment without having the time to mature the script and performances.
January 24, 2013
I thought this was a great low budget indie film and I loved how it was filmed. The music was pretty good too :)
January 23, 2013
½ January 16, 2013
Why all the bad reviews?

Admittedly, for a 90 minute film that actually got a release, this film is severely flawed. You could argue that Ryan O'Nan should remain musician instead of film director and the whole film is not really well acted either. Only Michael "Pvt. Dancer" Weston stands out as the more eccentric half of a duo of weirdos (the eponymous "Brooklyn Brothers") who tour the US with their unique sound (Weston's character Jim plays on toy instruments...).

What makes the film work is the undeniable impact these two weirdos have on the viewer. You just have to sympathize with them. Also, it has a funny, partly even hilarious, screenplay with some decent one-liners.

If you're up for a crazy roadtrip that'll remind you of such films as The Blues Brothers (without the style) or Once (with more driving and worse music) or any other film about struggling musicians and find the same strange likability in the face of Michael Weston as me - this film is definitely something for you.
½ January 10, 2013
An indie about-tell me if this sounds familiar-a brokenhearted sad sack who travels cross-country with a weirdo and a too-hot-for-these-dorks woman on a road trip of healing and self-actualization.
September 20, 2012
Great writing, awesome performances, touching music...way to go O'nan!