The Bumblebee Flies Anyway - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bumblebee Flies Anyway Reviews

August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ July 10, 2013
Touching story, sad, but with an element of hope, about young people in a facility for the terminally ill, and bumblebees, who shouldn't be able to fly, but are.
October 29, 2012
I really liked this, it's hard to find but if you can find it see it.
½ August 21, 2012
not something great, but at least I found something about bumblebees :D

and it is interesting the question ... trading your identity for life?
June 24, 2012
Wow this was excellent, I had no idea what this was about it just came on tv and so I watched and was amazed! Great acting, the story is very deep and emotional and keeps you at the edge of your seat even without action, how could this be you say well I don't know either but it works and it delivers the thrills.
June 13, 2011
Honestly. this was crap. It had it's moments, but over all it felt cheeap, and scruffy, and not at all a film that delivered on it's premise. A waste of both a decent story and a bright eyed Elijah Wood.
May 17, 2011
April 2, 2011
amazing movie and cast perfomances, wow is all I can say
½ January 24, 2011
Elijah's great like always
December 5, 2010
Life is a terminal illness

Barney Snow is a teenager that lost his memory in an unfortunate accident. Physicians begin using cutting edge techniques to try regain his lost memories. Barney finds himself in a special hospital with terminally ill children. As he begins regaining his memory, he also begins befriending some of the other patients. Can Barney coupe with his lost memories and soon to be lost friends?

"He's here but he's not dying."
"Then he doesn't belong here."

Martin Duffy, director of Summer of the Flying Saucer, The Boy from Mercury, and Taliesman Jones, delivers The Bumblebee Flies Anyway. The storyline for this picture is entertaining and worth following. The characters are well delivered and developed and the script is creative. The acting is solid and the cast includes Elijah Wood, Janeane Garofalo, George Gore, and Rachel Leigh Cook.

"Why do you use a wheel chair?"
"So I don't have to walk."

The Bumbleebee Flies Away aired on cable last night and the plot seemed interesting. I had never heard of this film. The overall subplot of the children of the hospital was outstanding but the end is a bit "magical" without fully explaining itself. Overall, I enjoyed this movie but it was not as good as it could have been.

"I have a disease that shuts down my kidneys."

Grade: C+
September 19, 2010
awesome movie, but it was so heatbreakingly sad. its about a teen with anmesia that is in an experimental hospital for terminally ill children. while he is trying to remember his life he falls in love and becomes friends with the terminally ill patients, he gets his memory back and realizes that he almost died from bone cancer and he decided to particpate in an experiment where he would forget his life so his cancer would go away and it worked! i wonder if this would work in real life for cancer patients?
September 8, 2010
Such a lovely masterpiece! So artful and delicately beautiful. I hold this film close to my heart.
August 29, 2010
Picked this one out by mistake but it was an awesome accident for sure. Fantastic cast. A gem in the rough that takes you by storm.
July 5, 2010
Very good! A very interesting and twisting tale about how powerful the mind is in the recuperation of terminally ill patients, especially those with cancer that are children. It was sad, but it made a great point - how powerful the mind is in recovery more so than doctors and or medicine.
½ June 26, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

The story was interesting but the film's low budget does show at times. Plus, it was too over dramatic at times. Fair at best.
June 14, 2010
Wtf? Okay, okay, not the worst movie I've ever seen. It was OKAY until the very end. One mushy, not even worthy of Lifetime detail jerked me off the this-movie's-alittle-too-terminal-illness-touchy-feely-for-my-taste-but-I'll-deal-with-it kiddie coaster so hard I should sue for personal injury.
½ May 3, 2010
not something great, but at least I found something about bumblebees :D

and it is interesting the question ... trading your identity for life?
September 30, 2009
A strange idea for a movie, but it captivates the mind of the curious viewer! Plus, Rachael is acting in it! You gotta love that!!!
½ August 30, 2009
The writing is there for alot of intensity and yet it all comes across heavy-handed with a schmaltz conclusion that is completely undeserved.
March 31, 2009
For a movie based on a Robert Cormier novel, this is surprisingly uplifting. I don't remember the book having nearly this positive an ending. Although I'm still not convinced of Elijah Wood's acting abilities, he was fine here for the slightly-off, somewhat-detached Barney Snow. His interactions seemed real and genuine, and the interesting cast of characters surrounding him made me want to know more about his story. I'd forgotten much of the plot - it's been years since I read the book. I found myself intrigued with where it was going and feeling very satisfied by the time the credits rolled. Still a dark essence to it, so it's hardly what I'd call "inspirational," and it's not for everyone (I'm not even sure it's for fans of Cormier's work) but it's very well done and I liked it a lot.