The Cabin in the Woods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cabin in the Woods Reviews

½ January 17, 2017
Evil Dead Meets Cthulhu...meets meta-horror.... :-P
January 14, 2017
The Cabin in the Woods works on ever level it attempts to explore, and that is alot of levels.
½ January 14, 2017
I feel like I've just wasted an hour and a half of my life watching this tripe.
½ January 14, 2017
Watched this and was told that I should learn as little about it going in. I don't normally care about spoilers, but this was great advice. Some good twists and had some funny parts.
January 1, 2017
If you are a fan of Slasher flicks, horror movies or just gore, please watch this movie. I assure you it'll blow your mind.
December 31, 2016
"Very Bad Wizards" discussed this movie on their podcast, which made me want to see it.
½ December 29, 2016
The movie is not so bad after all. It's actually not your typical horror movie but the plot is questionable. Most horror films tend to be unrealistic and this is one of them but the story is alright. You got the typical youths not worrying about anything and thinking they're doing some kind of "outing" to feel free about it, when they have no idea that they're in for a nightmare. Even though there were signs along the way that their journey is not gonna go well. I mean, come on. A strange looking gas station is not so suspicious at all, right?

Anyways, the part that was really questionable was the climax of the movie. The only thing you know was that there was a needed for sacrifice to please the gods below and that was it. There weren't much explanation as to how they capture and housed so many evil monsters and spirits. They just show you that they imprisoned by some kind of box with glass that prevent them from escaping and what not. Just somehow.

You get the occasional jump scares and the typical characters going stupid and everything but other than that, this horror movie somehow separates itself from the others because of its plot, otherwise. A movie that's quite good for watching friends especially.
December 18, 2016
The Cabin in the Woods writers Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard have all of the horror clichés intact; the creepy setting, stereotypical characters, diabolical villains and over-the-top gore, but they fail to do anything with them, and the result is a dull, sloppy, incoherent montage of every known 1980s slasher trope imaginable.
December 10, 2016
The horror is "purposely" bad; the humor can be somewhat good when present, but in no way actually noteworthy; the main plot is just plain silly.
I guess the movie's main attraction is to be an exercise in post-modern pretentiousness; which I'd gladly skip.
½ November 22, 2016
Satire of comic movies
November 21, 2016
A masterfully crafted "horror" film. "The Cabin In The Woods" spreads fresh light with never-done before originality.
November 17, 2016
A unique take on all the horror-cliches, Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard offer one helluva ride from start to finish.
November 4, 2016
A funny, strange and unique horror movie that isn't afraid to try something new and wow does it work.
November 2, 2016
self-conscious, witty, and scary
½ October 31, 2016
Slash and gore is all this was about. Thoughtless plot. So dumb.
October 30, 2016
The film is not what I was expecting. In that sense it was surprising as well as smart and occasionally fun.
October 30, 2016
With lots of The Truman Show and The Hunger Games references, this is one of the greatests "horror" and fantasy movies recently made.
October 29, 2016
Good for a horror movie, but an unappealing ending. Descent cast and some interesting moments.
½ October 29, 2016
This is a horror-comedy, people! You're supposed to laugh at it! Why do people hate on this movie so much?
October 28, 2016
Pretty twisted, sick, and funny.