The Canal Reviews

• Mar 10, 2019

Really enjoyed this slow burn horror flick. For real horror fans only. Shock horror and jump scare lovers need not apply.

• Sep 19, 2018

I'm surprised that this movie managed to cop a 75% rating on rotten tomatoes. The dialogue is boring and the story line is so played out. I was able to figure out the ending within the first 20 mins

• Jul 15, 2018

7/16/2018 It did not seem as scary as my first viewing of it. The score was eerily frightening though.

• Jan 28, 2018

Draws out the unoriginal plot/plot twist way too far. Not scary. Not enjoyable to watch.

• Dec 17, 2017

...some of the locations were cool...?

...some of the locations were cool...?

• Oct 25, 2017

I almost gave up on this halfway through, and despite a good final 10 minutes, I wish I had. Nothing new, confusing, and a weak script.

• Aug 16, 2017

Very well shot, pretty well acted most of the time, all around, by all the actors.! I thought the ending was pretty interesting. I was interested enough in what was going to happen later, while watching. But know this is probably the weakest of these three horror movies I'm writing reviews of right now.

• Aug 12, 2017

A poor man's 'The Shining', but a decent enough time waster.

A poor man's 'The Shining', but a decent enough time waster.

• Jul 29, 2017

I like so much is very terrifing

I like so much is very terrifing

• Jun 30, 2017

The Canal is a magnificently scary movie, I haven't seen something like this in a while. It's basicaly an Irish copycat of Sinister (2012) and it definitely deserves a little more, than the small attention it gets, it's very effective and creepy, it's atmospheric, it has an intriguing story, a great performance by Rupert Evans and marvelous sound design, which is definitely the best thing about this movie. Overall, it's a good chilling horror pic, definitely on any horror fan's watch list. Recommended !!