The Canal Reviews

• Mar 18, 2021

A thrilling ghost story.

A thrilling ghost story.

• Sep 05, 2020

A little cheesy every now and then, but overall a decent movie.

A little cheesy every now and then, but overall a decent movie.

• Sep 05, 2020

Creepy, stylized character study mystery chiller. The Canal balances out the horrors of loss and betrayal against an the protagonist’s fish out of water journey into the world of the paranormal very well. Though it has a somber tone throughout, the intermittent creep out scares jump out of the screen and ate very effective. This gave me goosebumps and chills and a few jump out of your seat moments. Well worth the watch. Warning, there are a few very gory scenes.

• Jun 27, 2020

Pretty unnerving film throughout.

Pretty unnerving film throughout.

• Dec 21, 2019

If you've seen Black Swan, The Innocents and The Others, you've seen this movie. It shamelessly steals ideas from other films. Not scary at all and so lame.

• Mar 10, 2019

Really enjoyed this slow burn horror flick. For real horror fans only. Shock horror and jump scare lovers need not apply.

• Sep 19, 2018

I'm surprised that this movie managed to cop a 75% rating on rotten tomatoes. The dialogue is boring and the story line is so played out. I was able to figure out the ending within the first 20 mins

• Jul 15, 2018

7/16/2018 It did not seem as scary as my first viewing of it. The score was eerily frightening though.

• Jan 28, 2018

Draws out the unoriginal plot/plot twist way too far. Not scary. Not enjoyable to watch.

• Dec 17, 2017

...some of the locations were cool...?

...some of the locations were cool...?