The Cat Returns Reviews

• Sep 12, 2019

I know this is aimed squarely at children but because of that I really could not get into this, the characters were flat and simplistic as was the story. Main girl was completely unlikable to me. I found the "lesson" she learned from her experience to be completely unimpactful as well as I really didn't feel as if she had any issues at all, even in a way that teenagers think of as serious. Her quick talk with her mother at the end for one annoyed me to no end for a reason I can't specify without a spoiler but I thought it completely contradicted that "lesson" she was to have learned. Terribly disappointing film.

• Aug 23, 2019

This movie is exactly the sort of adorable modern fairy tale we've come to expect from Studio Ghibli. It's cute and funny, and has the lyrically anomalous pacing emblematic of the Ghibli line. It's directed by Morita, but if you like Miyazaki movies and haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. Closest comparison: It's somewhere between Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro and My Neighbor Totoro. Setting: Fairy Tale/Modern Plot: Adventure Tone: Fairy Tale Adventure

• Jun 11, 2019

its very good and i like it very much bc i love anime movies and tv shows to lol i loved it very much 👌👍

• Kelly B
    Jun 01, 2019

cute kittys awww cute talking kittys

cute kittys awww cute talking kittys

• Apr 15, 2019

Under viewed. "Spirited Away" is necessary, "The Cat Returns" should be required.

• Apr 12, 2019

That would be awesome if the cat return change studio ghibli into Disney live action version of The Cat Returns would be in theatres on 3.17.2021!!!!!

• Mar 06, 2019

As bizarre as it is, The Cat Returns lands on its feet because it knows what story it wants to tell, and it doesn't water down the storyline very much. The shorter runtime actually makes this fantasy film stronger. It also benefits from a series of interesting characters and well-done voice performances. This is an animated adventure the whole family can enjoy.

• Feb 03, 2019

Lacks the high stakes, breathtaking art and long running time of other Ghibli films, but is funny, entertaining and charming in its own way

• Nov 27, 2018

Pretty good but not quite up there with my Neighbor Totoro

Pretty good but not quite up there with my Neighbor Totoro

• Nov 08, 2018

I find this as a PURRfect movie for the family!

I find this as a PURRfect movie for the family!