The Catcher Was A Spy Reviews

• Sep 14, 2019

A weak delivery and poor focus on the wrong parts of story with a good premise.

A weak delivery and poor focus on the wrong parts of story with a good premise.

• Sep 10, 2019

Treat your viewing of this movie as a history lesson. Don't let the title confuse you into thinking it's some kind of thriller, it's not. It's a true spy story about a professional athlete and intellect during World War II. If you love film, you'll love this flick.

• Aug 27, 2019

I found this flick fascinating, especially since my uncle, who came to this country from Germany at 14, was used as a spy in Germany in WWII, because he could speak German without an accent. A great cast did a splendid job on this one. Probably just not Bondish enough for most.

• Suzanne P
    Jul 01, 2019

Very compelling and interesting history and very well done movie. Strongly recommend.

• Apr 05, 2019

Interesting World War II movie - I wouldn't watch again.

Interesting World War II movie - I wouldn't watch again.

• Apr 02, 2019

Nice story but long-winded in the telling.

Nice story but long-winded in the telling.

• Mar 19, 2019

A story that was almost lost in history.

A story that was almost lost in history.

• Jan 09, 2019

The story is wild - but the movie is anything but. The (slight) build towards the moment of truth...and then the moment you've been waiting for passes just like the other unmemorable events.

• Jan 05, 2019

based on a true story, the movie tells the story of an enigmatic Moberg, who didn't enjoy the spotlight yet a patriot. Very watchable

• Jan 02, 2019

As a gay man I wanted to give this a higher rating simply because of what this man represented. But the director killed the drama even before Moe Berg sets foot in Europe. Rudd does as good a job as he is given. He must have relished the role. Who wouldn't? A real man's man, hiding a secret gay sex life, turns into a spy. Too bad he wasn't given 'real direction'. I'd still recommend watching it for the unusual part of it.