The Chambermaid (La camarista) Reviews

• Aug 27, 2019

Great portrait of a very common working people in Mexico. Great actors performance, a tribute to the anonymous people behind the jobs, simple story but a little bit slow. This is a clever way to produce movies in a country that never pay for autor/cultural movies but many viewers complain for better stories, paradoxical request.

• P
    Aug 19, 2019

this was one of the most boring movies I ever saw

this was one of the most boring movies I ever saw

• Aug 18, 2019

It was Bad even if it had been a student film. The dialogue, the little there was, was poorly written. The main character acted and spoke in slow motion. I stayed for a discussion afterwards and the film was supposed to be great "because one kept waiting for something to happen, but it never did". WTF? If that makes a great film, I'm going to be a filmmaker. In the climax, the character finally makes a decision, but it is one that will make her life even worse. She collects filthy used sugar packets from the trash and fills them with popcorn. Why? We never know. If she is taking them to her kid, it is gross. I found myself hoping for a tragic end just so the character and the audience could be put out of our misery and we could go home. I would have left, but I came with friends. It's 2 1/2 hours of my life that I can never get back.

• Aug 11, 2019

Sadly this movie didn't cut it for me and perhaps the editor could've cut more from the realistic view of The Chambermaid. If you enjoy the solitude of delving into a character a chambermaid isn't going to cut it for you! Perhaps Roma may have inspired the director for this movie but honestly it was a bore!

• Aug 04, 2019

An emotional, human and necessary film among Mexican society, which is so classist and lacking of empathy towards the people who make life easier for the most favored.

• Aug 03, 2019

Una joya del cine mexicano. La sencillez con que está contada contrasta con su honesta profundidad, que me ha dejado reflexivo por largo rato. Este es el cine mexicano que necesitamos, aunque también, tristemente, el que el grueso del público ignorará.