The Chosen Ones (Las elegidas) Reviews

• Jun 26, 2020

Damn this movie is bleak; and too real. Grosses you out and disturbs you. I only rated this low because it didn't hold my attention and was average in terms of film (at best). But the premise and its surreal delivery truly irks you.

• Apr 03, 2020

Warning. This is a very difficult watch. I had to walk away a few times. I was once in Tijuana, where I came across a brothel right next to an elementary school. Yes this world is fucked up. This film was like that. The young actors were almost too good playing their roles.

• Jul 31, 2019

The ending was pretty abrupt.

The ending was pretty abrupt.

• Oct 28, 2018

This is so fucking heartbreaking and brutal. The leads are amazing, really! And the director, wow, they didnt have to show you the nature of what she has to do to make you feel her disgust and contempt towards what they are turning her into. There was one sequence that really stood out to me, the one where they are only showing her face and there was all this sex sounds. Genius! Man, also so much could be said with a single glance, look and sway of the camera. One of my favorites that I watched this year! Amazing! 4.5/5 cause it kindda made me depressed as hell wished it ended some other way but this is the reality and maybe the ending was a message in itself.

• Mar 04, 2017

Una película que expone un tema que muchos de nosotros pensábamos que no ocurría en nuestro país, De una manera tan realista, David Pablos nos muestra cómo le arrebatan los sueños a las niñas y se llevan toda su humanidad. Es necesario que se haga cine como este, para que a la sociedad nos den bofetadas en el rostro y veamos lo ocurre afuera de nuestra burbuja.

• Oct 18, 2016

Magnífico despliegue técnico, al que le faltó un poco de riesgo narrativo. Sin embargo, es un filme muy recomendable.

• Jun 10, 2016

2.5 Tanto Tiempo va haciendo cine y no aprendemos a grabar sonido, si bien el tema es delicado e importante las actuaciones se ven amateurs y se hace lenta.