The Citizen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good performance for Khaled, but the movie lacks many
September 5, 2015
Good performance for Khaled, but the movie lacks many
August 27, 2015
An inspiring true story about the struggles of achieving the American Dream. With strong performances, The Citizen is an enjoyable drama.
August 27, 2015
Inspirational story of an immigrant's struggle to fit in in the land of dreams. The movie has a very genuine quality that really connects with the audience and the performances also accompany the genuineness.
½ December 26, 2014
"The Citizen" is an interesting story about the increased racism again Arab immigrants following the September 11th attacks. The film makes some poignant statements through its likeable main character and a well-written script. The writers do a good job of introducing seemingly insignificant characters and events that become important later in the film. Khaled El Nabawy delivers a nice performance as he carries the film from start to finish. I will admit, the line delivery is sometimes overly cheesy and the acting isn't anything to write home about, but the film achieves its goal by bringing attention to the unfair discrimination against innocent Arabs. The highlight of the film is Cary Elwes' portrayal of the immigration lawyer as he delivers an impassioned monologue in defense of the main character. While I wouldn't rank this film above average, it is definitely worth watching for its important moral lesson.
½ August 13, 2014
3rd time posting this review-grrrr
½ March 30, 2014
You should really see this movie. It is very intriguing. The main character Khaled Nabawy was incredible. I also love the friendship between Agnes Bruckner and Khaled. It's about a guy who is at the wrong place at the wrong time. The wrong time being around 9/11.
March 4, 2014
Not the best movie, could have been much better...!
February 18, 2014
I liked the movie. However, there were some plot points that I thought were a bit unbelievable. But overall it was pretty good and interesting.
½ January 17, 2014
As a filmmaker I wouldn't really go into the artistic choices of the Director/DOP/Actors but what is remarkable about this film, and because I am Arab I know this very well, the film is the first to portrait the true Arab values, Help others no matter what and be good to people and so on. all though it contains the somewhat cliche nowadays which is Arabs accused of terror in America no matter who they are. Khaled you've made us Egyptians proud.
½ January 13, 2014
Movie about a Lebanese refugee who comes to live in the US
January 5, 2014
Great movie.You can see Netflix.
½ January 5, 2014
Um bocado de furos, atuações facas e muito mal montado. É um filme ruim, sem dúvidas, mas de vez em quando vale a pena ver um final feliz, por mais brega que isso possa parecer.
January 5, 2014
Very Nice Film :) >> USA From another vieW .. and how the low in democrtice country is brave and fair ..... goood time with this film
½ December 23, 2013
A made for TV drama of an idealistic Arab trying to become an American citizen.
December 20, 2013
Tired and worn out immigrant's saga with a 9/11 hook that isn't compelling.
December 19, 2013
the American dream falls apart
November 26, 2013
The story was a bit weak and predictable. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen, but it dragged on, and the problem was the characters were not that interesting that you wanted the story to drag on...
November 17, 2013
It's movies like this that make you love the art of film. You can't help but feel saddened at how racism and hatred can destroy people's lives but believing that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
½ November 16, 2013
Seriously, what the hell?!