The Coca Cola Kid Reviews

• Mar 24, 2018

A bit of a cultish-wanna-be movie, too in love at how smart it is. A coca cola rep decides to fight for the last Australian Territory that doesn't have the wonder drink. From there, it really just goes everywhere. A mess.

• Sep 16, 2017

Pretty funny, Eric Roberts somewhat out of his element but just makes the delivery.

• Aug 13, 2014

Excellent movie. Greta Scacchi is charming and wonderful. Eric Roberts is great. This is a funny and excellent movie.

• Aug 24, 2013

Was an okay flick, about a cocky American trying to get more sales from Coke in Australia. Roberts kind of grows on you after awhile and Scacchi is just flat out adorable, and the girl playing her little daughter steals every scene she is in by being even more adorable. It was interesting to see how Coke tries to go in and push it's product to every single place, but the movie didn't offer up much more in plot and was kind of a slow film to watch. And usually I wouldn't complain about seeing the Lovely Greta Scacchi naked a ton, but her two scenes are really all that made this film R rated. And they didn't move the story on, so just from a rantings stand point, they could have cut that stuff and got a lesser rating.

• Jul 07, 2013

Why make a movie that jerks off a product that doesn't even SPONSOR said movie?

Why make a movie that jerks off a product that doesn't even SPONSOR said movie?

• Oct 27, 2012

Top Coca-Cola troubleshooter sent from Atlanta to Australia to find problems and fix them. Has several slightly strange plot elements that generally go over like flat soda. No mention of new Coke but was released shortly after its launch.

• Sep 06, 2012

Terri: Would you like coffee or tea? Becker: Yes. It's one of my favorite lines from a movie. I still say that all the time.

• May 10, 2012

Average comedy that reminded me of Local Hero in some ways. This was made in an era where Australian films had token American cast members. Brian Dennehy and Jamie Lee Curtis starred in Road Games, Kirk Douglas in The Man From Snowy River, and Christopher Atkins and Christie MacNicol had the leads in The Pirate Movie. For The Coca Cola Kid, the title character was played by the brother of Julia Roberts. Unlike Local Hero, this film is not particularly likeable or memorable.

• Feb 20, 2012

I saw this as a kid & loved it, despite Eric Roberts as the American.

I saw this as a kid & loved it, despite Eric Roberts as the American.

• Dec 13, 2011

Roberts is not crazy enough for this role, but he does come off forced and unnatural.