The Cold Light of Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cold Light of Day Reviews

June 15, 2015
Slow start. Then plenty of action. Good car chase. But a confusing number of bad and good guys made for a poor script. On the plus side, it was nice to see such a movie made in Spain with different Spanish scenes, rather than the same old USA.
June 13, 2015
Enjoyed it, kind of bummed with some of the character development (or lack thereof) but a fun ride.
May 10, 2015
It would be less of a problem if without that ludicrous car chase in the end. Not only it makes no sense (tactically, every sensible gunman would make contact in the car park rather than initiate a car chase), too long and changes roles for no reason. (the hunted becomes the hunter)
Henry Cavill as the reluctant hero is not perfect but boy, this actor can run!
May 2, 2015
Day: Wednesday
Date: 22 Apr 2015
Time: 10.00 pm
With: Maa, Azeem
On: HDTV
½ April 20, 2015
Nu ii voie sa faci un film asa prost
April 10, 2015
The Cold Light of Day isn't one of the worst films I've seen, but it's bland, boring, forgettable and far from good. The films setup immediately drops you into the lives of dull characters and fails at making them attachable, Henry Cavill spends a lot of screen time yelling like a teenager, Bruce Willis is wasted, the cinematography is bland, the action is stale, characters are uninteresting, dialogue is dry and the plot is your cliched pursuit-of-a-briefcase spy story. Seriously, all that chaos over an object in which we're never told whatsoever what's inside of it?
April 7, 2015
I really liked it. I know the reviews were very bad. But I had fun watching it and was entertained the whole way through. The plot was very generic but the pacing was good and was always moving. The movie had a great cast and the action was well done.
½ March 28, 2015
Some good action scenes, but otherwise rather average.
March 26, 2015
Was actually quite good, made me like Henry Cavill more since he's rubbish in superman
½ March 15, 2015
A movie I wanted to like, with actors I adore, that was a basically slow moving mess.

This movie actually might be the end of watching Henry Cavill for me. I didn't care for his Superman, and this was pretty weak.
½ February 22, 2015
It was ok. I keep thinking Henry Cavill looks like Andy Murray.
½ February 12, 2015
Not a great movie, but defiantly better than all the hate it got.
½ January 28, 2015
Grade:Higher 3/10

The Cold Light of Day is an action thriller that serves up well, not that much in all truth. With some slightly rousing action and most of the OK acting coming from those who are minor and I mean minor characters, there aren't many points I can think of when trying to compliment this movie. In this I will explain why this is just simply not good and although I find some movies much worse than this I did think this to be just about bad, and here below is why I felt that way about it.

The story is pretty silly at times and although starts in a promising way just starts to fade and fade and barely hangs on to it's bad rating by the end. The action is seen throughout but when it is there you don't want it and then it isn't there when you really need a bit of a thrill. It has some twists I guess but when they happen they just don't make you more interested at all and although it starts off as a promising mystery, it never builds on that well at all.

Henry Cavill is not so good in this and although it may be some of the directors fault, he is just too unbelievable as a character and too stale really. Bruce Willis is a bit of a wild card just to add in a big name and along with Sigourney Weaver provide the big star quality, that never actually happens and both are two of the worst points in this entire movie. I said about the extras and they actually outdo the main actors, some of the people we see in this are kind of raw and new characters who relieve some of the poor acting.

Mabrouk El Mechri does not direct in a way that we should be seeing in film, it is so lazy and underdone it feels improvised by the actors or as if they saw the script and just played it out there own way. On the point of the script it also is not of the right quality and although not the worst thing doesn't help this movie in getting off the ground. The fight scenes are well done to be fair and although implausible at times, still quite good to look at even if in a dull part of the movie.

Like what I said about the fights, the action is actually not too shabby and one of the major points when trying to find positivity about this film are the car chases which are kind of cool. I really liked the setting of this movie in truth, not just the coast line and the sea but the city of Madrid provides a beautiful back drop in bits to the uneventful movie, a good tip, if you find yourself getting bored just admire the beautiful architecture.

I think if you really enjoy a good old action fest then you may like this but then again you may be bored out your mind when it comes to it's long dialogue and uneventful moments. I can see why some would like this mostly from the view it is just good fun and although I didn't feel that way about it I certainly wouldn't expect everyone who see's this to dislike it so I guess just go and give it a go if anything.

Overall I give this a higher kind of 3/10 and I felt that it was Just About a Bad movie. It isn't all bad I admit and is not awful either but still needs to do a lot more to even just be an average movie let alone OK. Give it a go as I mentioned, you may find a gem of a film that not many people liked where as some may also turn it off in the first 10 minutes, just whatever you think of it, try to enjoy your 93 minutes.
January 4, 2015
Somewhere among the Fugitive, James Bond, and Taken lives The Cold Light of Day. For the most part, I as the viewer felt like I was on the run along with the main character, which really goes to show how engrossing the film was. On the other hand, when someone's dad is killed, you kind of expect them to show some emotion. ANY emotion. Seriously, c'mon.
January 3, 2015
ok movie but far fetched.
December 20, 2014
Forgettable action thriller with no depth to any of the characters and too many holes in the plot.
December 19, 2014
Bruce Willis is hott
December 17, 2014
I don't know why so many negative reviews I thought this movie was great.
December 8, 2014
Crashes, crashes everywhere. So messed up.
November 28, 2014
The time it took for me to watch this is time I will never get back! Worst fucking excuse for a movie.