The Colony - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Colony Reviews

October 17, 2016
Forced underground owing to the next ice age, a community tries to survive nature until a savage force gets the colony in it's sights!

Who doesn't like a Post Apocalyptic film, really? Throw in the timeless Lawrence Fishburne, the man would give credibility to a soiled diaper and the versatile veteran, Bill Paxton and the only thing missing is the popcorn! Fishburne and Paxton are flawless in portraying their characters in what can only be described as a launch pad for young and adequate, Kevin Zegers.

Director, Jeff Renfroe has been more involved with TV and although The Colony isn't a bad effort, it lacks that 'gripping' factor. Once the credits role you can't help but shrug and feel let down since the plot had so much potential. It's not a, bad film, it's more of a 'not bad' film. Something to consider watching on DVD if you've run out of choice.
October 15, 2016
A post apocalyptic survival flick that starts up firing the middle of an ice age. This one have me a lot of feels of 30 Days of Night except the people involved were just normal people come crazy. This film lacks character development and I didn't really care what happened to anybody except Laurence Fishburne, cuz it's Laurence freakin' Fishburne!! Other than that, it's just kind OK and doesn't do anything innovative or different.
August 12, 2016
What little intrigue and suspense there is, The Colony is hell bent on putting the fun on ice. A cliche set up, poor dialogue and rote execution. Lawrence Fishburne tries to overcome these dilemmas but is unable to. Worst still, there's not a single element of The Colony that is done spectacularly.
July 27, 2016
Good cast and off to a great start with a solid premise. And does nothing with it. Ultimately a waste of time.
June 18, 2016
Basic B movie about a group of people trying to survive an ice age living underground and struggling for food.
When they lose contact with colony 5 Morpheus and two others decide to investigate.
Unsurprisingly they run into another group of people who have resorted to Cannibalism lost the ability to talk, have butchered everybody at colony 5 and have strange teeth.
Pretty gory but pretty shit.
½ May 2, 2016
This movie could be a prequel to Snowpiercer with a little 30 Days of Night thrown in for fun.
March 26, 2016
Every thing is so serious, and it shows in the bad acting. The plot should make an indication of fun.
½ March 15, 2016
not vastly different from your normal "crazy people trying to eat normal people who a interal revolt", but i have seen plenty of shit in the past month that makes this one stand out in the "its better then most" section
February 21, 2016
Pretty decent movie. Worth a watch.
February 14, 2016
A cliche horror/sci-fi film about the survivors of a global catastrophy facing an even bigger threat: Cannibals. Yes, humanity is at a brink of itself and people are turning in cannibals incapable of speech.

It's brainless fun, gore a plenty, but utterly ridiculous.
January 25, 2016
Terrible movie. No explanation at all. Waste of time.
½ January 10, 2016
Cannibals need to eat too.
November 22, 2015
"The Colony" is an overly violent dystopic, with little imagination.
½ October 24, 2015
Lawrence Sums Up This One Up About An Hour In.."We Tried To Stop It.. We Really Did.. But, We Couldn't".. It All Went So Bad, So Quickly..But It Just Didn't Stop.
October 16, 2015
Ficción apocalíptica, en la que el cambio climático se lleva todo al traste y la tierra se vuelve un polo norte, la cosa es que los humanos para sobrevivir se empiezan a comer unos a otros y sólo queda un reducido grupo de sobrevivientes no caníbales que no estaban dispuestos a arriesgarse a que se los comieran hasta que llega el héroe de la película a cambiar las cosas.
September 24, 2015
Survivors of a new ice age struggle underground as food dwindles and a new breed of humanoids threaten their way of life. A direct rip off of 'Aliens' that even casts Bill Paxton as the resident baddie, this thriller works in spite of itself.
September 19, 2015
This by far is the most stupid film I have ever seen, The acting and "special" effects.. pfff. What a load of rubbish. I was waiting for the story to start (Which didn't) Then the "ending" came which wasn't even an ending. Terrible film!
September 13, 2015
Not the best post-apocalyptic film I've seen, but still a decent watch. Outside of Netflix, I doubt that most people would have heard of this.
½ August 29, 2015
I liked The Colony. This was another post-apocalyptic film and it reminded me of an alternate Fallout. I think if the ending was extended to really see if the promised land existed that would have made the film a lot better. As of now it just became a film about a bunch of crazy feral/rogue humans who came from out of no where, killed an entire colony and planned on doing it again. What was really stupid was how they kept managing to cross over territories even though the paths were destroyed. Oh well; overall, it was a pretty decent film.
½ August 15, 2015
It wasn't what I expected which is what I loved best. I hate when I can figure a movie out in the first few minutes! Challenge me and give me the unexpected. well they deliver exactly that. If you're squeamish or can't deal with a bit of gore, this isn't the film for you. It. is. just. a. movie. the. blood. is. fake. Watching a special on how horror movies are made totally ruined my view of them. I regret watching it bc now I can see the prosthetics and hidden tubes. I am also aware when they start to someone or cut up close it's usually a dead pig flesh. so it takes allot to scare me. this movie scared me to death!