The Colony - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Colony Reviews

June 23, 2017
It was a generic post apocalyptic movie. It had great actors and the plot moved pretty quickly. The special effects were subpar and the ending sucked. However it has some fun fight scenes and action.
June 4, 2017
No está muy allá hecha y se ve a la legua lo que va a pasar.
May 26, 2017
Nothing super special, but entertaining. The premise is interesting, even though overall it is a bit cliche. It's a fun watch, though, I enjoyed it.
½ April 28, 2017
It's like a badly made school play, filmed.
½ April 3, 2017
I really wanted to see this, but was disappointed.
The women are so quick to play the "It's because I'm a woman" when all it is is "No - It's because you are stupid and entitled".
They all showed where their skills and experience might come in useful, but I couldn't get past the needy attitudes of many of the cast. My wife put it as "The guys are treating this like it is real, the girls remember it isn't and want to be treated like the princesses they think they are". If it was ACTUALLY as bad as this scenario is meant to demonstrate, many of them would have died.
March 12, 2017
Good formula film that is not overdone with explosions and such.
March 12, 2017
The dystopian future presented in the movie was cool. I like the idea where mankind's desire to control his environment and take on every problem led to the destruction of mankind. In trying to resolve global warming, they built weather-control devices that made it TOO cold. The story is interesting too, but kind of falls down around the savages. Still, it was entertaining and interesting.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 9, 2017
If it's snowing that hard for that long those footprints would have been covered in an hour or two. As cheesy as the rest of the movie is, I just couldn't get past that plot hole.
½ November 6, 2016
My life wasn't changed.
October 17, 2016
Forced underground owing to the next ice age, a community tries to survive nature until a savage force gets the colony in it's sights!

Who doesn't like a Post Apocalyptic film, really? Throw in the timeless Lawrence Fishburne, the man would give credibility to a soiled diaper and the versatile veteran, Bill Paxton and the only thing missing is the popcorn! Fishburne and Paxton are flawless in portraying their characters in what can only be described as a launch pad for young and adequate, Kevin Zegers.

Director, Jeff Renfroe has been more involved with TV and although The Colony isn't a bad effort, it lacks that 'gripping' factor. Once the credits role you can't help but shrug and feel let down since the plot had so much potential. It's not a, bad film, it's more of a 'not bad' film. Something to consider watching on DVD if you've run out of choice.
October 15, 2016
A post apocalyptic survival flick that starts up firing the middle of an ice age. This one have me a lot of feels of 30 Days of Night except the people involved were just normal people come crazy. This film lacks character development and I didn't really care what happened to anybody except Laurence Fishburne, cuz it's Laurence freakin' Fishburne!! Other than that, it's just kind OK and doesn't do anything innovative or different.
August 12, 2016
What little intrigue and suspense there is, The Colony is hell bent on putting the fun on ice. A cliche set up, poor dialogue and rote execution. Lawrence Fishburne tries to overcome these dilemmas but is unable to. Worst still, there's not a single element of The Colony that is done spectacularly.
July 27, 2016
Good cast and off to a great start with a solid premise. And does nothing with it. Ultimately a waste of time.
June 18, 2016
Basic B movie about a group of people trying to survive an ice age living underground and struggling for food.
When they lose contact with colony 5 Morpheus and two others decide to investigate.
Unsurprisingly they run into another group of people who have resorted to Cannibalism lost the ability to talk, have butchered everybody at colony 5 and have strange teeth.
Pretty gory but pretty shit.
½ May 2, 2016
This movie could be a prequel to Snowpiercer with a little 30 Days of Night thrown in for fun.
March 26, 2016
Every thing is so serious, and it shows in the bad acting. The plot should make an indication of fun.
½ March 15, 2016
not vastly different from your normal "crazy people trying to eat normal people who a interal revolt", but i have seen plenty of shit in the past month that makes this one stand out in the "its better then most" section
February 21, 2016
Pretty decent movie. Worth a watch.
February 14, 2016
A cliche horror/sci-fi film about the survivors of a global catastrophy facing an even bigger threat: Cannibals. Yes, humanity is at a brink of itself and people are turning in cannibals incapable of speech.

It's brainless fun, gore a plenty, but utterly ridiculous.