The Company You Keep - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Company You Keep Reviews

July 14, 2015
This was disppointing and I'll tell you why. When Shia has the best acting in a film that has multiple acting legends, there is a problem. Shia did great actually, he killed it as a reporter. I was disappointed with Redford though, but j think that had more to do with how his character was written and the dialogue which I thiught was over the top at times. otherwise, a decent movie though
July 11, 2015
I generally like this movie. At least it has a background that makes it seem profound and makes people think. A robbery happened three decades ago pulled out so many connections, people involved and many things intertwined. What surprised me most is that in the end the movie, I was thinking that: Oh, this is a pretty nice one because nobody is hurting their buddies. There was no betrayals, no darknesses, and even the reporter didn't expose the story which could've brought him a big fame. This is an absolute ideal scenario for me, but a happy ending.
½ July 7, 2015
Interesting perspective of a violent episode during historical protests on American soil. The principals are all much older and a bit wiser but in the end the system they fought so hard against gets them to heel.
May 4, 2015
Dull, slow and lacking in suspense or surprise.
½ March 29, 2015
The Company You Keep is interesting and well developed with its strong performances. The progression is great. We continue to learn throughout the entire film. The performances are great and the storyline is very strong. The problem is as the detectives and FBI are left in the dark, so are we through out most of the film.
February 21, 2015
Amazing cast with a twisting (but predictable) plot.
½ February 10, 2015
The cast is incredible. Just every good character actor appears. And Shia Laboeuf is very likeable (once more). Julie Christie sounds dubbed, weirdly. I enjoyed the viewing despite some predictable "twists."
February 8, 2015
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
January 23, 2015
Amazing cast. Amazing direction.
January 21, 2015
Proprio niente male come idea e come sceneggiatura se non fosse per alcune scelte inadeguate in termini di cast. Redford più che padre sembra un nonno e le vecchie rivoluzionarie con i labbroni a canotto fanno ridere.
January 19, 2015
Pas trop mal sauf que Bob Redford est pas trop crédible en père d'une fillette de 11 ans... Il a quand même 76 ans lors du tournage!!!!!
January 14, 2015
I like a good spy thriller, but this isn't a good one. instead it's a drama that tests morales and it isn't that interesting. It's a shame given the talent (and everyone over the age of 60 getting a supporting role) that the script doesn't really twist or amount to much thrill. Shia Labouef tries legitimate acting but it comes off more as pretentious and sort of stilted. Anna Kendrick is heavily miscast as an informant. Redford tries to give a dimensional character but it never fleshes out and it's a shame.
½ December 31, 2014
Talented cast......wasted but talented cast.
December 21, 2014
All that for 2 minutes of Anna Kendrick.
½ December 14, 2014
i just watch this for redford and julie :)
½ November 22, 2014
Pacto de silencio [2013]
October 23, 2014
Good enough to watch, but it just never got exciting.
½ October 15, 2014
A voice in my head kept telling me this could be a very interesting film, and then there was that other, MUCH LOUDER voice telling me they were going to bollocks this up and, unfortunately we all know what happened. Like all really bad films about interesting times this is not uninteresting. It's even kind of a guilty pleasure but, make no mistake, this is a bad, bad, BAD film.
½ October 2, 2014
Redford calls in all the actor favors he has other then the one to a better screenwriter.