The Company You Keep - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Company You Keep Reviews

½ February 10, 2015
The cast is incredible. Just every good character actor appears. And Shia Laboeuf is very likeable (once more). Julie Christie sounds dubbed, weirdly. I enjoyed the viewing despite some predictable "twists."
February 8, 2015
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
January 23, 2015
Amazing cast. Amazing direction.
January 21, 2015
Proprio niente male come idea e come sceneggiatura se non fosse per alcune scelte inadeguate in termini di cast. Redford più che padre sembra un nonno e le vecchie rivoluzionarie con i labbroni a canotto fanno ridere.
January 19, 2015
Pas trop mal sauf que Bob Redford est pas trop crédible en père d'une fillette de 11 ans... Il a quand même 76 ans lors du tournage!!!!!
January 14, 2015
I like a good spy thriller, but this isn't a good one. instead it's a drama that tests morales and it isn't that interesting. It's a shame given the talent (and everyone over the age of 60 getting a supporting role) that the script doesn't really twist or amount to much thrill. Shia Labouef tries legitimate acting but it comes off more as pretentious and sort of stilted. Anna Kendrick is heavily miscast as an informant. Redford tries to give a dimensional character but it never fleshes out and it's a shame.
½ December 31, 2014
Talented cast......wasted but talented cast.
December 21, 2014
All that for 2 minutes of Anna Kendrick.
½ December 14, 2014
i just watch this for redford and julie :)
½ November 22, 2014
Pacto de silencio [2013]
October 23, 2014
Good enough to watch, but it just never got exciting.
½ October 15, 2014
A voice in my head kept telling me this could be a very interesting film, and then there was that other, MUCH LOUDER voice telling me they were going to bollocks this up and, unfortunately we all know what happened. Like all really bad films about interesting times this is not uninteresting. It's even kind of a guilty pleasure but, make no mistake, this is a bad, bad, BAD film.
½ October 2, 2014
Redford calls in all the actor favors he has other then the one to a better screenwriter.
September 28, 2014
This is one of the worst movies I have ever watched. I'm watching it right now and I'm considering poking my own eyes out. What is going on Robert Redford please stop being in this terrible movie.
September 20, 2014
"The Company You Keep" really wasn't too bad of a movie, but it had its weaknesses. The cast was wonderful, and I thought LaBeouf did a great job as the Shepard. Redford surprised me with his directing, The story had potential, but I thought it was weak and needed more to get its point across. I liked some of the twists; they weren't predictable. Overall decent
September 18, 2014
perhaps the greatest cast ever assembled puts forward a great story, which is brilliantly handled by Redford. It may not be the masterpiece many are looking for but it raises a lot of moral questions.
September 16, 2014
Entertaining for a spell, then it fizzles out.
September 3, 2014
Jim Grant ( Robert Redford) es en realidad Nick Sloan. Mientras Jim es un abogado y un padre soltero que vive en las afueras de Albany (Nueva York) con su hija. 'Nick Sloan' es la identidad que corresponde a su vida pasada, como miembro de un grupo revolucionario que se disolvió a raíz de un crimen. La vida de Jim o Nick, cambiarácuando Ben Shepard (Shia Labeouf) descubre la complicada historia de todos los implicados, sus ubicaciones y ocupaciones actuales. Jim, quiere probar su inocencia a toda costa e intentará por todos los medios liberarse de la persecución del FBI.
½ August 23, 2014
'The Company You Keep' is an under-rated movie. It's a competent thriller that keeps its viewers interested in the proceedings. The ending might seem weak but the rest of the movie has been well shot and enacted.
August 19, 2014
Labeouf's hair is ridiculous.