This will go down to 60 percent by its release like all Rotten Tomatoes early reviews

I know its at 93 percent right now but I've seen too many films that start off great then barely get a fresh rating.
Brian Finamore
07-10-2013 09:42 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Evan A.

Evan Adams

I'm still waiting for it to go down, but it hasn't and I don't think it will because it DESERVES to be certified fresh. It was creepy and scary!

Jul 21 - 10:18 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Aaaaand it didn't.

Jul 21 - 05:13 AM

Face Nyland

Face Nyland

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Jul 21 - 07:51 AM

Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson

Still at 85 with just about 100 reviews and its certified fresh!

Jul 19 - 03:15 PM

Kyle Scatliffe

Kyle Scatliffe

It actually deserves where it is right now.

Jul 19 - 03:01 PM

Tony Haenelt-Pearson

Tony Haenelt-Pearson

FAIL! LOL.

Jul 19 - 01:51 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

It's still at 83% and it opens today. Thread failed.

Jul 19 - 08:32 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

It's still at 83% and it opens today. Thread failed.

Jul 19 - 08:31 AM

bribios

brian wilson

Looks like it's going to stay above 75, though I think that means most horror fans are going to hate the movie, e.g. Cabin in the Woods. Your run of the mill horror fan almost never agrees with your run of the mill film critic.

Jul 18 - 10:16 PM

ballermat982

ballermat 982

I think it may end up right where Insidious ended up at 66%.

Jul 18 - 07:58 AM

justybear96

Justin Johnson

I actually think this will stay at least above 76%!

Jul 17 - 06:10 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

To be perfectly honest, any horror movie that gets over a 60 percent is a success. Most horror movies have a specific formula and whether its done well or not some critics will give it a bad review based on that alone.

Jul 15 - 09:40 AM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

Well, Sinister (like Chase mentioned) started out pretty good, but the average rating was in the mid 6's. So we knew it wasn't going to stay 100% or any high rating for that matter. This started out as 100%, then 93%, then to 87%, but the average rating is 7.2/10. So the movie could stay in the mid 80's as it's highest and mid 60's as it's lowest. I bet you most of the negative reviews are going to be about how every horror cliche you can think of is in this film. That's what happened with Sinister I think. I hope this doesn't end up like Sinister. When I saw the score, I was like "yes!" until it started going down I was like "no!". Anyways, this is James Wan here. The director of Paranormal Activity. The movie that scared almost everyone in theaters :) Knowing James though, I bet he has a couple of tricks up his sleeve with this movie!

Jul 11 - 08:04 PM

justybear96

Justin Johnson

James Wan is not the director of PA, Oren Peli is

Jul 17 - 05:49 PM

Face Nyland

Face Nyland

Right. James Wan is responsible for Saw, Dead Silence, Death Sentence, and Insidious.

Jul 18 - 06:11 AM

Face Nyland

Face Nyland

I actually think it will land 68% at the lowest. I'm thinking 71%. Sinister was left at 100% for months until a week or two before its release when it dropped to the mid 80's. Right now, it's doing better than Sinister and that finished at 64%.

Jul 10 - 03:47 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile