The Conqueror (Taras Bulba) Reviews

• Mar 30, 2013

All emotions are exaggerated, everything idealized (even drinking and then fighting drunk with each other) but I enjoyed the characters, their costumes (!) and surroundings. If you liked "Tadas Blinda", you probably will like and Taras Bulba - an older, dirtier and drunk version of our "lithuanian national hero" :)) Nevertheless cossacks have their charm :))

• Feb 19, 2012

Set in the 16th century, this is a story about Ukraine's Cossack warriors and their campaign to defend their lands from the advancing Polish armies.