The Corridor Reviews

• Oct 22, 2017

I don't even know what I just watched. There are barely any tiny fragments of a story. It starts off decent, but the longer you get into it, the worse it gets. The ending explains nothing. BOO.

• Apr 24, 2017

The Corridor was an interesting, thought provoking, and unsettling watch. For being a first film Evan Kelly did a great job directing this. He keeps the film moving at an engaging pace, and keeps the tension mounting. I do feel like it falls apart a bit in the third act but that's not really his fault. That brings me to the script, which has a surprising amount of character development and depth in it. The first and second act build the characters extremely well, which makes it all the more disappointing when the film turns into a gory horror film without a real conclusion by the end. The actors who are basically all no names, do a great job making each character feel unique and alive. They make their feelings and struggles feel real and relatable, drawing the viewer in very well. Last and sadly least are the effects. First I'll start positive, The blood and gore effects were practical and looked great. The special effects for the corridor itself also looked fine in the beginning because they used it sparingly. Which now brings me to the bad, as the film goes on and the corridor expands, it ends up looking incredibly bad and distracting, also one of the characters has an extremely obvious bald cap that made them look laughable, and made it hard to take them seriously at times. Overall though The Corridor is an atmospheric, tense, and character driven sci-Fi/horror/drama that kept me engaged up until the last 20-30 minutes.

• Jun 22, 2015

I had no expectation for this movie. It came in a horror triple set for £3. At £1 per movie your expectations can only be low. As it turned out, it was better produced and better acted than i'd expected. It's got some surreal moments and some gut wrenching gore. Certain scenes have stuck in my head and whilst the explanation for what's happening is not really forthcoming ultimately it doesn't matter, because what's they've made is an entertaining movie. If you like horror and you like horror that tries to think outside the box then you could do a lot worse with 90 minutes of your time. Recommend

• Sep 04, 2014

The corridor begins with great character development, then makes a deliciously horrifying turn but ends with a terrible CGI filled ending.

• Apr 05, 2014

I liked the mystery of The Corridor itself, great unknown mystique established to keep you guessing till the end.

• Mar 29, 2014

seriously? they non stop talking instead of acting...

seriously? they non stop talking instead of acting...

• Mar 24, 2014

This movie is brilliant. It's low-budget, so some of the props and make-up are a bit iffy, but it's haunting. The ending ties together elements from the beginning beautifully. If you don't like this movie, it's probably because you missed what happened at the beginning. It doesn't beat you over the head with it; you have to figure it out by yourself.

• Feb 27, 2014

It had the makings of a mediocre little movie in its own genre but degenerated as they found the corridor.

• Feb 21, 2014

While it was a bit...over the top, it was not half bad. At least the concept was good!

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Feb 17, 2014

Watching The Corridor I felt like I was watching a cheap version of Stephen King's The Dreamcatcher.I probably should've turned it off after watching the 1st 10-20 minutes.It started off boring & with about 30 minutes left, I was thinking why haven't I turned it off already?! Still I watched it till the end & I was so happy when it was over.I wonder why didn't I turn it off when I 1st thought about it?