The Cosmonaut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cosmonaut Reviews

½ October 10, 2015
This could have been a masterpiece but fell a bit short. I love so much about this movie and tend to enjoy the deep sci-fi that leaves you wondering. However it seems almost incomplete. Despite being beautifully shot and having an awesome score, it should have at least attempted to come together at the end and the British accents for Russians did not work for me. But I found so much great stuff in this film that I gave it 4 stars and really think people should see it. I know it had a limited budget but it just seemed so close to the move we all hoped would happen . Going to watch it again to see what I missed.
½ August 7, 2015
Progetto interessante anche per l'ambientazione nell'Ex URSS. Però é veramente troppo lento.
½ January 14, 2015
Very difficult to follow science fiction drama which is overwhelmingly melancholy.....this film seems to drag on forever and keeps you waiting for any sign of suspense but it never happens. I suppose this is an intended style of filmmaking which requires a specific target audience who is capable of understanding the story and then endure 20 minutes of film credits ?????
½ August 22, 2014
The movie just doesn't make any sense. Just romanticizing the soviet union - cosmonaut comes back and the space ship is empty of him but he walks out. In another dimension? with the radio waves coming hru? what the hell
½ December 3, 2013
Un Gravity avec un peu trop de gravite. Le film se pretend une experience sensorielle et poetique a la croisée de Malick et Tarkovsky. Helas le recit trop triture dans ses elipses et alourdi par ses effets de style peu porteurs est absolument indigent. Naivement pompeux...
October 9, 2013
If you like long, reflective, dragging, Tarkovsky-style movies you might like this one. I gave up after suffering through the first half an hour.