The Count of Monte Cristo (1975)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Count of Monte Cristo Videos

The Count of Monte Cristo Photos

Movie Info

Based on Alexander Dumas' classic novel of adventure and revenge, this film features Richard Chamberlain as the beleaguered count who is robbed of his fortune and wrongfully imprisoned. As soon as he escapes, he enacts an elaborate form of revenge.
Action & Adventure , Classics

Anthony Dawson
as Noirtier De Villefort
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Count of Monte Cristo

There are no critic reviews yet for The Count of Monte Cristo. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for The Count of Monte Cristo

The best screen adaptation I've seen because it remains true to the story, unlike that craptastic 2002 version. The only thing I didn't like was the sword fight between Fernand and Edmond. The confrontation between 2 suitors 15 years after the fact. *yawn*

Angie Iam
Angie Iam

Of all the 'Monte Cristo' films, this is the best. It could be the production quality or the acting, but I will say that Chamberlain did a fantastic job in his role.

John Johnson
John Johnson

For a made for TV movie this was very good. I had to watch it twice to get the full impact of who the main characters where and their relationship with each other. It had a lot of good acting and a great plot. And better yet a good ending.. I hate good movies with sad endings.

Joyce Gillaspie
Joyce Gillaspie

The Count of Monte Cristo Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Count of Monte Cristo on our Movie forum!

News & Features