The Count of Monte Cristo (1975) - Rotten Tomatoes

The Count of Monte Cristo (1975)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Count of Monte Cristo Videos

The Count of Monte Cristo Photos

Movie Info

Based on Alexander Dumas' classic novel of adventure and revenge, this film features Richard Chamberlain as the beleaguered count who is robbed of his fortune and wrongfully imprisoned. As soon as he escapes, he enacts an elaborate form of revenge.

Watch it now

Anthony Dawson
as Noirtier De Villefort
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Count of Monte Cristo

There are no critic reviews yet for The Count of Monte Cristo. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for The Count of Monte Cristo

The best screen adaptation I've seen because it remains true to the story, unlike that craptastic 2002 version. The only thing I didn't like was the sword fight between Fernand and Edmond. The confrontation between 2 suitors 15 years after the fact. *yawn*

Angie Iam
Angie Iam

Of all the 'Monte Cristo' films, this is the best. It could be the production quality or the acting, but I will say that Chamberlain did a fantastic job in his role.

John Johnson
John Johnson
½

This is a great movie, it is one of the best revenge movies I've ever seen. Edmond Dantes (Chamberlain) gets banished to the "Chateau Dif" which is like "Alcatraz Prison". For crimes he didn't commit. He breaks out, finds a buried treasure, and becomes "The Count of Monte Cristo". He gets revenge on the 3 men who put him away (for many years, I might add). And the way he does it is pure genius! Do not be confused by the remake that came out about 8 years ago, this is the original, and it's the best!

Lance S.
Lance S.

The Count of Monte Cristo Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Count of Monte Cristo on our Movie forum!

News & Features