The Courier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Courier Reviews

½ August 27, 2015
It's quite shocking that this movie scores so low a rating when it's better than plenty other action flicks.
½ August 27, 2015
Truly thrilling but lacks on the action and professional upfront
June 9, 2015
Make it so you want the pain as much as we need to give it.

A special delivery underground courier is randomly chosen to execute certain missions. He gets a mission and is assigned a new driver. They partake in intimate relations that complicates their ultra dangerous mission. They have an unknown package that needs to be delivered to a gangster. They will face some opposition.

"You smell like art class."

Hany Abu-Assad, director of Paradise Now, Omar, Do Not Forget Me Istanbul, delivers The Courier. The storyline for this picture is just okay and straightforward. The action scenes are also fairly average. The cast seemed to do okay, no real complaints. The cast includes Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Josie Ho, Miguel Ferrer, and Mickey Rourke.

"I ask too many fucking questions."

This was recommended to me on Netflix so I gave it a shot. I thought it was just okay and definitely could have been better. I did think Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Josie Ho had good chemistry, but the plot itself was lacking. Not much to see here.

"The old man didn't know much and didn't last long."

Grade: C-
½ March 27, 2015
Cheaply made half-ass action flick with a few good scenes. But the movie as a whole strays from direction. I did in fact find the acting rather diverse with some putting in a good performance and others acting like they could use a refreshed class. Not bad, not great. The ending should've been better. Could've been worse. Take it or leave it.
½ September 28, 2014
Pésimos personajes, pésima historia además de muy mal actuada, pésimos retoques digitales y un Elvis de mentiras.
August 2, 2014
Very run of the mill, formulaic action drama (Mickey Rourke is billed as co-star but only appears for about 5-10minutes tops), Jeffrey Dean Morgan though is great through out... carries this movie, the best he can.
April 3, 2014
okay so I did watch this. because i was ill and nothing else was on netfix and i dont like this guy. however....for the first time since i talked to him....i felt bad for him. first off..can he read? this is the worst dialog, corny and stupid. but with amazing actors and for once i can say he did he best he could with what he had to work with and did well. But the movie itself was just god awful. Mickey rourke should hang it up....Jeffrey Dean Morgan..needs to choose more carefully and the rest....are you kidding me?? why? Josie ho was awful and miscast..I love Lil Taylor. always have...so why she did this is beyond me and my hero from Crossing Jordan a major success..Miquel Ferrer...OMG..why did you do this pos...do not waste your time. even if you have the flu. the premise is so stupid and for a bunch of smart people...five of them anyway..did you just want a sh*t movie on your resume??? If i said how i really feel MORGAN would sue me....it sucks...its freaking horrible.....bring on the next disaster jeff..at least you stayed alive in this one.shocker. I think the blonde sucked out your brain. i'm so sorry but after seeing magic city etc....what are you doing really? you know what you are good at.....find it.....this is not it.....I even know but you don't. he can't like FIND ME can he..lol basically if you liked it you were freaking drunk
February 27, 2014
One line summary: Amnesiac confronts his identity; reasonable film, but please no sequel.

-----------------------

The opening sequence in the amusement park was so-so. It had the dusty smell of comic book turned live action, but not in a good way.

While Stitch is binding up his wounds from the opening sequence, The Courier gets a new case. He's offered 120,000 USD if he succeeds; if not, people who like him, but don't know his criminal associations, will be enlightened, but not in a good way. So he takes the job.

The Courier (can't remember his name or early life) gets a clue to the whereabouts of his target, Evil Sivle (oi, Elvis Live) from the Internet, plus some porous online databases. Before leaving his base in New Orleans, he gets some serious hand weapons, and transportation in the form of a stolen key to a private propeller plane. Anna flies him to St Louis since Stitch sent her. He finds the person he wanted to talk to, but a hit man arrives and kills the contact. On the body of the hit man, The Courier finds a sheet of paper with three pictures on it; these are his next clues.

Anna and the Courier fly to their next city, which is New Orleans, where he started. The hit man already took out his target in Lake Charles, St Louis was his second successful stop, New Orleans his third. The Courier finds his last hope of a contact, but Mr and Mrs Capo are in hot pursuit. They manage to escape for a while, and the Courier gets a little information linking Evil Sivle and Maxwell. Then the hit succeeds, and the Courier spends time with the police. He uses the stay to borrow police computers to get information on Evil Sivle (Connor Maxwell), who is Maxwell's son by adoption or some bogus common law sort of thing.

The chase goes on and on. The Capos have to be dealt with, and Maxwell has to be found. Supposing the Courier succeeds, will he deliver the package?

-----Scores------

Cinematography: 8/10 Dark, gloomy, but well-shot.

Sound: 7/10 Eh, OK.

Acting: 6/10 There are some good actors here: Mickey Rourke, Mark Margolis, Lily Taylor, Miguel Ferrer, and Josie Ho; Jeffrey Dean Morgan is not so bad either. So, what happened? The screenplay is too simplistic and not up to the quality of the actors.

Screenplay: 4/10 The closing credits were extra long due to large number of producers on the film. 'Too many cooks spoil the broth.' Perhaps too many producers (or not enough direction) spoil the film. The ending was easily predictable, no surprise at all, but did beg for a sequel, which I hope will not come.
½ February 19, 2014
Tusday, February 11, 2014

(2012) The Courier
THRILLER

Straight-to-rental and is labelled as the much serious equivalent version of "The Transporter". It stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan as "The Courier" who gets paid to act like a 'middle man' between exchanges without any questions being asked. After a completing a close-call task at the beginning, he's then confronted by a couple of goons ordering him to first find and locate a guy who's supposed to be dead but was said to be resurrected from some voodoo ritual by the name of Evil Siville(Mickey Rourke). And then second, to hand deliver Evil Siville a particular suitcase bag. And as expected, there's a little twist toward the end which I don't care too much about, since it also involves the courier himself. The setting takes place in New Orleans which some of those voodoo rituals are being practiced, for this movie can also be influenced by the 1987 movie directed by Alan Parker called "Angel Heart".

1 star out of 4
January 5, 2014
What... What the fuck was this?
½ December 10, 2013
I actually fell asleep. That's how boring this movie was. And Josie Ho, what terrible acting. Goes to show, doesn't matter how rich daddy is, it can't buy talent. Don't waste your time on this one.
November 16, 2013
It was a bit kooky to follow, full of hints from the past and a bit twisty. However Mickey Rourke always brings an offbeat flavor to his characters. I give it a 4.
September 24, 2013
Unfortunately a disappointing movie despite the cast. This went straight to dvd, ie: it is an std. Not something you want to see.
½ September 24, 2013
Dull and pointless. Plot is mostly predictable and unoriginal. Unimaginative direction.

Cast is good - Mickey Rourke, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Til Schweiger - but they are let down by the script and director.
September 22, 2013
Definitely one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Its really a shame because Jeffery Dean Morgan is the lead and I really like him. Mickey Rourke? Was 90% of his part just voice over?
August 10, 2013
In one sentence: a predictable, cliche filled, boring action movie.
½ June 9, 2013
March 27, 2013
A trite and generic thriller, The Courier lacks originality and is poorly made. When a specialist is hired to deliver a mysterious case to a notorious crime lord named Evil Sivle the job turns deadly and may end up costing him his life. The plot's completely formulaic and the storytelling is especially bad; particularly in the last act. Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Mickey Rourke headline the film, but the performances are all rather weak. The Courier is a vapid and uninspired film that doesn't really put forth much effort.
February 12, 2013
Not the best. Hard to follow.