The Creation of the Humanoids Reviews

• Jun 22, 2019

As a movie it sucks. Bad dialog, bad acting. As a story it's great! Way ahead of it's time and arguably worth watching.

• Feb 07, 2016

CyberPunk starts here - in a no budget stage play with a script that reads like a lost Isaac Asimov robot story and a plot that's the grand father of Blade Runner. Like Russia's Spaceship XB-1 from the same year, this is decades ahead of its time. Worth seeking out. Essential.

• Nov 03, 2014

A strange, talky, and rather slow moving SF film. It tries to say something serious and kid of succeeds. Clearly very low budget, it is surprising that the makeup effects for this film were done by famed make-up man Jack Pierce, who did Universal's Frankenstein and Wolfman. Okay acting, a strange ending, and an attempt at social commentary make it a mildly interesting film.

• Jun 02, 2014

An offbeat and interesting early 60's post-nuke sci-fi oddity--A movie that serious buffs of sci-fi with brains should see... Penetrating and Thought Provoking!!

• Nov 25, 2011

While it may be a little slow in pacing for today's standards, its a very interesting indie film.

• Jan 30, 2010

A talk-y, 50s sci-fi that's high in concept, low on visual thrills and provides an unlikely template to slick, human-like-robot films Artificial Intelligence and Blade Runner

• Dec 01, 2009

The sets are so minimal as to be non-existent. Yet the story is compelling enough that they aren't even needed. The quote that sums up the whole movie beautifully: "You're here aren't you?"

• Randy T Super Reviewer
    Aug 08, 2009

For low budget sci-fi schlock this isn't half bad. Sort of a cross between <i>Blade Runner</i> and <i>I, Robot</i> with a little bit of <i>Bicentennial Man</i> thrown in for good measure.

• Jun 23, 2009

I loved this movie. No it does not have a lot of action. No it does not contain quality scenery or props, or spectacular special effects. And no it will never rise above the status of (at best) a b-movie, cult classic. What it is, (to me anyway) is a think piece. In fact I consider it a forerunner if Spielberg?s ?A.I.? (which I also loved). In both films, a part of human society has decided that robots are bad and will lead to the destruction of mankind. But in the end, it is the robots that keep mankind (or at least his culture and legacy) alive. Bothe films parallel the racism in the world today. People who hate human beings for no more reason than the color of their skin, yet without those people of other colors; much of what is good in the world today might not exist.

• Nov 27, 2008

This is a real gem!!! There is plenty of great subject matter that is still applicable to today's timing and lots of great dialog about what is a human, what is not a human, and how should an individual/group treat someone who is not like them. Good stuff. The entire movie was based on this dialog and it unfolded less like a story than a discussion. That is interesting process for a movie, especially a sci fi to take but I will admit that it becomes a little difficult to watch without more story. I would for sure watch it again however.