The Dance of Reality Reviews

• Aug 21, 2019

I know foreign movies can be a bit on the bizarre side at times, well this one definitely fits in that category. It's a movie filled with obvious(and not so obvious) metaphors that just flew over my head. There was a scene featuring a very "chesty" opera singing chica giving Chilean communist Peter Saarsgard a golden shower to bring him back to life(which didn't look like it was fake at all by due to the full frontal angle), I was like yeah.. I think I'm done here.

• Sep 30, 2018

Too much going on here for me to unpack in a brief review. I will say it has the scope of a hundred films put into one it seems and while at times, it's invigorating in that regard, it's also somewhat of a beautiful mess.

• Feb 26, 2018

An introspective and intimate examination of childhood. A poetic fairy tale, visually astounding. Jodorowksy deconstructs and then rebuilds himself as a modern archetype .

• Feb 02, 2018

I don't think there are many people that liked "Endless Poetry" and did not like "The Dance of Reality", I don't think so, nevertheless I might be one of them. Well, is not that I did not like the latter, I just expected more. The mistake might have been watching them in opposite order. "Endless Poetry" simply contain more magic, more pizzazz, so what might have been a crescendo, became a "decreasendo".

• Oct 10, 2017

An amazing film this is Jodorowsky’s masterpiece in my opinion.

An amazing film this is Jodorowsky’s masterpiece in my opinion.

• Aug 19, 2017

The Dance of Reality is a story about finding your own destiny while creating yourself of soul. It is a personal tale with weird elements, confusing details of symbolism, and commentary of the political climate of his youth. Casting his son as his own father and often appearing as himself grounds the film in reality, but the world around you awakens your sensibilities to maximum.

• Aug 02, 2017

Elaborar o passado como uma saga rica em alegorias e em que as dores são transfiguradas não é pouca coisa. O cuidado visual é encantador. Pena que a visão um pouco mais positiva dos pais é negada no segundo filme. Bom, ainda restam três. :)

• Jul 30, 2017

Jodorowsky's first film after 23 years is a bizarre semi-autobiography, full of colourful surreal moments, blending, also, history and politics with his personal philosophy. The result is satisfying enough, although the film seems tiresome at times.

• Feb 03, 2017

I had a feeling this would be a disappointment but how wrong I was. AJ is on top form and with a huge underlying layer of compassion and warmth underlying proceedings, unlike his earlier films perhaps.

• Sep 17, 2016

Primeira parte da autobiografia de Jodorowski.

Primeira parte da autobiografia de Jodorowski.