The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

October 12, 2016
Without a doubt one of the most groundbreaking sequels ever made! Heath Ledger has definitely created an iconic Joker for the ages! It's the late actor's best performance and definitely most talked about. Which is a shame in some ways.
½ October 11, 2016
One of the best super hero movies ever made. One of the best films ever made. It's so good that it kinda transcends its own franchise in a way. I don't even feel like I'm watching the superhero known as Batman, but rather am just watching an expertly crafted crime thriller.
October 10, 2016
The Dark Knight goes beyond what was ever done in the genere thanks to the genius of Christopher Nolan and to the amazing acting performances that this piece of art can offer: Heath Ledger offers a mind-blowing performance that is likely to be never overtaken by any joker in the near future.
October 9, 2016
-5 STARS
-LOVED IT SO MUCH
October 8, 2016
Fantastic the best superhero movie there is
October 6, 2016
This movie lives up to its full potential, even to this day. It has an ambitious hero and a great villain duo, while the story line still holds up.
October 5, 2016
The paragon for Batman movies. This movie has everything to be called a must-see Batman blockbuster, well maybe except Harley Quinn.
½ October 5, 2016
This movie is a serious adaptation of batman that works. Unlike Man of Steel the serious tone works. I could talk for days about this movie, but I like to keep my reviews short so I'll come right out and day that the dark knight is a masterpiece.
October 5, 2016
Batman is a good film.
October 3, 2016
One of the most perfectly made movies in my opinion. I remember the first thing I did after watching it was watch it 3 more times.
October 2, 2016
Batman and Joker are such legends.
September 30, 2016
Best movie of all time!
September 29, 2016
Remarkable. Phenomenal. the best superhero movie ever made. Definitely the best villain in ANY movie, not just superhero movies. The story was awesome, the action was awesome, the acting was elite, the situations in the movie were unique and creative. The film continues the story from the original very well. The psychological aspects of Bruce Wayne from the first film are still prevalent. And the Joker. Wow the Joker. So perfect. So evil. So villainous. Heath Ledger did a ridiculously awesome job. Furthermore, the way the story was written perfectly encompasses the Joker's character. The Joker's plans and intentions were so different than those of any other villain. This film will live on as the GOAT. (5 viewings)
September 29, 2016
Simply: The best movie I've never seen.

Is Dark, memorable dialogues, a perfect plot and has excelents villains, expecially the Joker, who is one of the better villains that exist.

Has only one problem: If you're a Cómic's fan, probably you'll not like some aspects of the movie, but it was made with the intentions of make it realest.
September 28, 2016
The best superhero movie of all time without a doubt.
September 28, 2016
Taking the themes, situations and consequences of the unique world defined in Batman Begins and running with them, The Dark Knight turns them into an unstoppable juggernaut. From the elegantly choreographed opening to the chilling ending, the pace is relentless. There is a lot of plot crammed in, although it is never confusing; like all Nolan films it demands the audience try to keep up. Sometimes the main character seems to get lost beneath emotional exploration of the supporting cast, but if Batman Begins was a film about how Bruce Wayne defines himself, this is a film about how others define themselves around him. It focuses on his most central relationships; Eckhart's hauntingly tragic Harvey Dent, the development of Oldman's superlative James Gordon and Ledger's supremely unnerving version of the Joker, simultaneously unlike any seen before and yet a spot-on translation regarding his reaction to, and interaction with, the caped crusader. This in turn reflects back on to the one element of Batman not quite done justice in the first film; how far he will go to complete his mission. Indeed, like the first film character development takes centre stage, but this sequel introduces a slew of philosophical points about the nature of society, heroism and morality to mull over. Arguably this entry in the trilogy best represents our hero by focusing on his internal conflict between those two defining traits; his unwillingness to compromise and his compassion. Yet that's not to say there's some unforgettable action and edge-of-the-seat suspense; this is an experience that, like the Dark Knight himself, gives everything and more.
September 25, 2016
The Dark Knight is truly a revelation that transcends the comic-book film genre and delivers a dark, sometimes disturbing crime drama that just so happens to feature a vigilante dressed up as a bat. All of the performances are exceptional, but it is Heath Ledger's performance as the iconic villain, The Joker, that truly makes this film stand out from all other comic book films.
September 25, 2016
Brilliance
Just Brilliance describes This movie
September 24, 2016
One of my favorite movies...love it!
September 24, 2016
Hands down to the best joker. Jack Nicholson and Jared Leto are not even close to his performance. He delivered one of the greatest performances that I honestly think no one will be able to beat him as the greatest joker. I wanted to see him in Dark Knight Rises but not anymore. Heath Ledger totally deserved the Academy Award for his great performance.