The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

July 17, 2017
It's a smart, well done, wonderfully acted film that takes a comic book character truly out into the real world and it works near perfectly. The Joker's persona is even more creatively written and created by the writers and Mr. Ledger himself. He shows insanity with an edge and his performance steals the show. Bale proves that he is worthy to wear the cape, showing restraint and true emotion. Eckhart plays one of his best roles to date as Harvey Dent and (SPOILER!) his decent into madness. Last but not least is Christopher Nolan's vision is truly outstanding.
July 14, 2017
so many holes in this movie... omg I can't believe the high ratings.
July 14, 2017
Now batman is a good movie I really like joker played by Heath ledger joker is so creepy and mysterious he all ways says to people why so serious!! Joker makes a good villain in this movie and Christian Bale does a good job playing Batman! This was such a good movie I'm a big Batman fan! Can the Dark Knight save the day and stop Joker! Only one way to find out see the movie!! And choose your side are you rooting for Batman or are you for Joker
July 14, 2017
Heath Ledger plays the best joker in the history of the franchise. His unhinged performance alone makes the Dark Knight a must watch.
Master piece!!!!!!!!
July 14, 2017
simply fantastic in every aspect
July 13, 2017
The paragon for Batman movies. This movie has everything to be called a must-see Batman blockbuster, well maybe except Harley Quinn.
July 12, 2017
My favorite comic based movie of all time.
July 12, 2017
Whereas most will heap justified praise on Heath Ledger's performance, what I found most fascinating was the ideological approach - converting a doomsday crime drama quite adeptly into a comic book thriller. Obviously 911 influenced, this is Nolan's political prophecy and his best mechanical film. The weakest link, even more distracting than the first was a weak performance by Maggie Gyllenhaal.
½ July 12, 2017
Best batman movie ever
July 11, 2017
The best superhero movie ever made.
July 11, 2017
One of the greatest films ever made. If I considered it a superhero movie, then it would by far be the best. But it transcends the genre. It is just simply one of the best films of all time, made by Christopher Nolan. Completed by, one of the few perfect performances in cinema history, by Heath Ledger.
July 11, 2017
Now I've been wanting to review this for a long time, The Dark Night has been and always been in my top 5 favorite films of all time, I love Batman even more, I love the Joker even more, and I'm in love with Christopher Nolan films and invested by what his next project because of this movie!!

The Dark Knight is directed by Christopher Nolan a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins, starring an ensemble cast including Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Morgan Freeman.

The Dark Knight did a lot of things right with the film, one, grounded the story with the Joker and Batman, two, confliction with Gotham city and Batman, three, drama and noir like base film, four, convert the story form Batman: The Long Halloween, Five casting Heath Ledger as the Joke, and making the Joker like Alex from Cockwork Orange from Stanley Kubrick, love it all the way..

Back in 2008, I was 14 years old soon to be starting my freshman year in high school, I was grounded for 3 week, the week before the film was released. I sacrifice on one thing and one thing only, staying in for three weeks in the summer, and not getting grounded to go see a movie or any television. So worth it!! First thing the Dark Knight, it was iconic before the movie was released because of Heath Ledgers death, and Rest In Peace to him!! But Christopher Nolan wises to the publicity I made such a cult classic film that is deserve to be talked about, and should've been Oscar praised on top of it!!

Just of the begining of the film, it was a break robbery, no batman, no joker, just A bank robbery of jokers henchmen, as for the joker disguises with the henchmen is so eye popping then revealing of the joker was all the henchmen dead. Since I love clockwork Orange and is one of my favorite films and it is in the top 5 of my favorites, I see a lot of Alex in the film of the joker, but for the joker we see more of his mad humor, and his craziness with his own personality of the joker.

What I love about Christopher Nolan films is that whatever genre it is, it is more of the humanistic of people. For the Following, A secret colt, Memento, disabilities and lies, Insomnia, lies and mental issues, the prestige, competition and revenge. The Dark Knight, "You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain". "Some people want to see the world burn". These are the various quotes throughout the film. Burning or seen the hero become the villain. Good and bad bad versus evil.

What I love about the beginning of the film but the show they original suit from Batman Begins, then 10 minutes later he wants a new suit so he could move his neck. Most of the Batman films they show new suits without even a constant change in the middle shows just the genius writing of Christopher Nolan. Because in every single Batman film from Tim Burton to Joel Shoemaker they always change the costumes!!!

But the joker is the iconic matter of the film, yes Two Face Harvey Dent is in the film, what is love about it that they made it so real. They really did show of harvey dent burn in half. For the Joker, he was not chemically induce his skin with acid, he simply cutt is face with a knife for a smile with war make up.. Genius!!!

What I love about even more of a joker of the back stories the lies of back stories, One that his father cut his face and he became evil, Two he cutt his face for his wife, like this is the thing in the comics for the joker we don't really know his backstory. And it just shows the genius of the writing for this film, and I love everything about it.

Just the hospital scene with Harvey and the joker ?"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos... and then the blowup at the hospital is so iconic.

I don't want to spoil the end because this is a required field that everyone needs to see!!! This is a requirement film to see, go see The Dark Knight, The best Christopher Nolan film ever put a date!! Seeing this in movie six times when it was first released was so worth it and I wish I had a higher grade because it is so good!!

Grade: A Perfect 10
July 9, 2017
Melhor filme de todos os tempos
July 7, 2017
One of the best movies of all time! Everything is just amazing every little detail has a meaning. The Joker is just played as good as it is going to get! Almost a perfect movie!
July 7, 2017
It's the best superhero movie of all time
July 7, 2017
The greatest movie of all time. Every time Heath Ledger leaves the screen you just crave for him to return. When he does; he doesn't let you down. This is a masterpiece. Christopher Nolan confirms God status.
July 7, 2017
Taking the themes, situations and consequences of the unique world defined in Batman Begins and running with them, The Dark Knight develops them into a sequel that goes beyond the bounds of the genre to deliver something special. From the elegantly choreographed opening to the chilling ending, the pace is relentless, building into an unstoppable juggernaut of a cinematic thrill ride. There is a lot of plot crammed in, although it is never confusing; like all Nolan films it demands the audience keep up. Sometimes the main character seems to get lost beneath emotional exploration of the supporting cast, but if Batman Begins was a film about how Bruce Wayne defines himself, this is a film about how others define themselves around him. It focuses on his most central relationships; Eckhart's hauntingly tragic Harvey Dent, the growth of Oldman's superlative James Gordon and Ledger's supremely unnerving version of the Joker. His embodiment of the iconic villain is simultaneously unlike any interpretation seen before and yet a spot-on translation regarding his reaction to, and interaction with, the caped crusader. That's not to say our hero gets short-changed; this film has perhaps the best balance of his three personas, each played to perfection by Bale, who effortlessly switches between cowled vigilante, public fašade and the private man underneath, and at heart the story is about the internal conflict between these facets of the central figure with the others ultimately serving to personify and amplify the struggle. So, like the first film, character development takes centre stage, but this sequel also introduces a philosophical strain, asking open ended questions about society, morality and heroism. Yet it still finds room for unforgettable action and edge-of-the-seat suspense. This is an experience that, like the Dark Knight himself, gives everything and more.
July 6, 2017
Greatest superhero film ever. Period.
July 6, 2017
So despite the fact I think Batman (1989) is the better Movie, The Dark Knight is still in my opinion in the top 10 best movies ever made. Through all the ups and downs, it almost didn't seem like there were much possibilities in film for him anymore. Batman Begins was good, but it wasn't Ground Breaking in anyway, and it still fell flat when it came to the action and villains. Dark Knight not only fixed that, but took comic book movies to a whole new level. When comic films were kind of seen as kid stuff, Dark Knight won over everybody with its adult imagery, adult ideas, adult acting, and adult intensity. This is the film that launched so many famous lines, so many incredible action scenes, so many suspenseful moments. It was the first time since the 1989 Batman that people were saying, "Oh, my God! That was an amazingly badass Batman movie!" It pulled no punches and went all out with how dark it could go. But it also carried many themes of duality, sacrifice, and anarchy. This showed not only could comic book movies be big bucks, but it could be gigantic bucks. And it didn't have to talk down to people or make it too kid-friendly. It could represent the original dark material the way it was meant to be represented. The film borrowed from dozens of famous Batman stories, but still brilliantly managed to stay its own thing as well. Its dark edge got under people's skin so much that not only was this the first comic film to receive a Best Actor Academy Award, but it was also the first award to be given after the actor passed away. It knocked down all barriers and said there's something to these comic book stories; you just have to use the right people who understand it. It said proudly and confidently why these movies should be taken seriously