The Dark Knight Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

just couldnt measure up to the first 2 films in the trilogy
½ June 6, 2017
A fine ending to the trilogy. But the plot contains more holes than a slice of swiss cheese.
June 6, 2017
Nolan completes his Batman Trilogy with a great final chapter. The Story takes a lot of inspiration from the dark knight returns story line.
½ June 6, 2017
So sad to see this trilogy end what a perfect way to end it all
A Must See
½ June 6, 2017
Bane : "So you came back to die with your city?"
Bats : "No, I came back to BREAK YOU!"

The only thing I'd change.
June 4, 2017
The psychology of Bruce Wayne is explored perfectly.
June 2, 2017
The Batman movie since the 1960s!
June 1, 2017
This movie could break my back and I would still give it a positive review.
May 30, 2017
While not able to replicate the heights of its predecessor, Rises delivers a worthy finale to Christopher Nolan's foray into Gotham.
½ May 30, 2017
My favorite movie of all time.
½ May 20, 2017
Here's the problem: Its 2+ hours of explosions and characters not named Batman. The remaining 30 something minutes are actually about Batman and the story behind his enemies (and even that isn't executed well...Catwoman feels completely tacked on). The whole thing wasn't Batman-y enough. It felt like a run of the mill action movie with batman thrown in. I'm finding thats the problem with a lot of these comic book movies...unfortunate because the first 2 in this trilogy were quite good and interesting. This wasn't. Guess I'll have to read the comics to get more of the real story.
May 20, 2017
Not as great as the spectacular second movie, but Bane still reminds me that Batman has some truly great villains.
May 15, 2017
A satisfying conclusion to the best superhero trilogy ever made, this film doesn't quite reach the height of the previous installment, but The Dark Knight Rises succeeds as a personal odyssey for Bruce Wayne, but also succeeds as an action movie and thriller in every single department. Absolutely deserving of the title of an A+ film that is a must-see for ANY fan of the Batman or any self-respecting movie-goer. Requires seeing the first two of course, but who wouldn't want to see this trilogy?
May 15, 2017
This was a great movie. Very clever.
May 9, 2017
This movie had so much potential to become the greatest Batman movie ever. First, the movie cast was great whoever did the casting did a great job. Second, the opening scene is one of the best opening scenes I've seen since The Dark Knight. Now for some cons, first, there is no mention of the Joker, Ooooh but crane gets a scene and two-face is mentioned. I understand that Heath Ledger died, but the director, producers, and writers should have shown a little respect by giving him a shout out in any way in the movie because he had a big impact on the franchise. Fans would have loved it. Second, a new Robin is mentioned. WHY? There are soooooo many Robins to choose from, Jason Todd, Dick Greyson, Tim Drake, Damian Wayne and even girls Stephanie Brown or Carrie Kelly. Anyone of those would have been perfect for the writers to use. This movie should have surpassed The Dark Knight, but it did come close.
May 7, 2017
My Fav in the Trilogy
May 4, 2017
Nolan sacrificed coherence to bring us another super-hero movie
April 27, 2017
Decent plot but the main villain is just ridiculous. Bane's voice damn near ruins the whole movie. And the big fight scene between Batman and Bane is one of the worst I've ever seen. Seriously I've seen better fight scenes watching SpongeBob. The Dark Knight Rises is by far the worst Batman movie ever made.
April 26, 2017
My favorite of the trilogy as we get a broken Batman only to rise above adversity. This is as much as an inspirational movie as it it a solid Batman movie. What a brilliant way to end not only one of the best Batman adventures but one of the best trilogies which got better with each film.
April 23, 2017
Batman seemed to have little intelligence in this movie.