The Dark Knight Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

½ January 13, 2017
I find a character who's only flaw is selflessness to be over appreciated. The twist of Miranda Tate's involvement was not special. Bane was an incredibly well written hell child, marvelously portrayed by Hardy. The true spirit of the comic turned to film trilogy really begins within the last five minutes starting with Alfred's tears.
January 8, 2017
VERY SMALL SPOILER
Downside: Suffers from the same problem as Batman Begins too long and un interesting. Gotham City should have just been called New york. Batman himself only appears in a car chase and then again at the end of the movie, too many scenes without batman make bruce wayne the person your watching through out the movie instead of who we all wanted to watch, Batman! Tom Hardys rendition of Bane is perfect but still seems like just a regular bad guy that wants to see the world go boom. For me i would have like the music to take it down a notch. The orchastra was on crack and just wanted to play loud epic music throughout the entire movie, even when characters are talking, epic music will just start playing for no reason.
Upside: The characters, just like casts in the past, great actors all around. Great action (what every high budget movie should have). Great twist.
Conclusion: Very solid movie just don't get your hopes up and especially don't compare to the Dark Knight, it won't come close.
January 7, 2017
The story line about superhero's getting old is awful. It didn't work here, and it didn't work when James Bond did it either.
½ January 4, 2017
wonderful movie spot on performence.
January 3, 2017
Best superhero movie ever!
½ January 2, 2017
TDKR doesn't live up to the impossible hype thanks to its predecessor but it is still a great superhero film nonetheless.
½ January 1, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises is like Return Of The Jedi, the weakest of the trilogy but still tons of fun to be held. OK, what did I like? Tom Hardy is a great Bane, Anne Hathaway was a good Catwoman, and the action is long with consequences(Bane breaking Batman like in the comics). However, Batman is absent for most of the movie and this sets up like thousands of plot points(even the ending where John Blake becomes Robin?)Overall,this movie is a slight disappointment but still wraps one of the best trilogies. Many have become mixed on this.
December 31, 2016
Absolutely Brilliant Way To End The Dark Knight Trilogy
½ December 30, 2016
It's Christopher Nolan and Batman for a third time. What is there not to expect or get excited about?
½ December 29, 2016
I don't know exactly how to rate this.... I want to give it 5 stars because of the ending I really do. Because the ending deserves more than 5 stars, but the begining was kinda slow and there were some things that I thought were wrong. Then Nolan justified them... I really just don't know.
So I saw it again... And I did enjoy it better the second time. I still don't exactly know how to express what that movie was to me. I loved and hated it at the same time if that is possible.
½ December 29, 2016
Dark Knight rises is another excellent Batman film. Excellent story, great script, great potent action, and great performance by all characters.
December 27, 2016
Epically bombastic conclusion (in a sense) to this version of Batman. Top notch performances, including a less stiff and congealed Christian Bale, and (for the first time) reasonably well laid out and executed action. Does push the 9/11 allusions a little hard, and Bane isn't the most dynamic or compelling villain, even after a final act plot twist/info dump to recontextualise the character and his motivations
December 23, 2016
Although a slight step down from "The Dark Knight" (2008) "The Dark Knight Rises" is still a great film. A great way to close out an epic trilogy.
December 22, 2016
Really interesting, recommend to everyone!!!!!
December 21, 2016
Bit of a slip up. I got a kick out of it, though. The Bat and the Cat teaming up to take down Bane, arguably the strongest Batman villain? Who can say no to that?
½ December 18, 2016
"TDKR" is a great conclusion to one of the best trilogies in history, it may not reach the heights of its predecessor, and despite the differences with the comic book about Bane it still being a amazing movie, this is a worthy epic conclusion to a trilogy that has raised the bar for the genre of "superhero movie"
December 18, 2016
A beautiful conclusion to a beautiful trilogy.
½ December 17, 2016
Bane is a capable villain, and the Dark Knight Rises ends on a satisfying note. I liked it as much as the Dark Knight. Continuing Nolan's success with recruiting fantastic actors, JGL and Marion Cotillard join Bale, Oldman, and Caine to form an amazing core cast. Anne Hathaway held her own as well, though she was definitely exposed by the brilliance of the others. I feel that despite The Dark Knight being the best film of the trilogy, Rises was the most watchable on a repeated basis, owing to its larger scale, and better action.
December 15, 2016
Although it suffers from a lacking villain compared to Heath Ledger it still tells the iconic story the way it's deserved to be told. Great action with some amazing scenes.
December 14, 2016
To be honest this film would have been a lot more enjoyable if not for the plot-holes and the forced "twist" ending.