The Dark Knight Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

½ September 8, 2017
The DARK KNIGHT RISES was fun to watch even if it doesn't match Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. I thoroughly enjoyed Hans Zimmer's genius soundtrack, the special effects and Bruce being forced to climb out of the hole, yet I felt Bane isn't as great of a villain as Joker because Bane seems more like just a muscular, angry Karl Marx while Joker is a psychotic clown who loves to think evil and good are the SAME thing, but wants good to become evil.
½ September 5, 2017
I like the part where Batman watches TV in a sinkhole.
½ September 4, 2017
The cast is exquisite, particularly Tom Hardy, the story is thrilling and imaginative, the action sequences are exciting, Christopher Nolan's direction is excellent, and Hans Zimmer's score is superb.
September 3, 2017
The worst movie of the Batman trilogy. The cast was good and the plot was good. Good action and special effects.
August 30, 2017
I thought Dark Knight Rises was a good one. The action is good. It is thriller. It is a good one in the Dark Knight Franchise.
August 25, 2017
gg batman. gg nolan. gg bale. phenomenal. perfect ending to the best trilogy of all time and the best superhero movies of all time. awesome story and amazing action that all felt so real because it was mostly practical effects with little CGI. Beastly acting as usual with additional talented actors like Hathaway, Hardy and Gordon-Levitt. Connected very well with the first two films, including many references back to them. It also had a good psychological aspect to it, going further into the mindset of Bruce Wayne, not being able to get over Rachel or his parent's death, and not having a purpose without being Batman.

while watching this movie for the fifth time, i still said "that's the coolest thing i've ever seen" numerous times throughout the movie. in this movie, the following were top of the line ultimately superior top level quality: the directing, the acting, the action sequences, the dialogue, the story, the characters, the music (5 viewings)

SPOILERS

the bane batman fights were amazing. the final fight was probably my favorite non-kung-fu fight scene. the opening plane scene was so exhilarating and felt so real, because they really did it. was such an epic opening to such an epic movie. The twist with Miranda Tate being Ra's al Ghul's daughter was very unexpected. The ending was perfect and very moving. One small awesome detail has to do with the pearl necklace that Selina aka Catwoman stole from Bruce. It was the same necklace that Bruce's mother was wearing when his parent's were killed in the first film. Bruce had kept it in a safe and put a tracker in it, which is how he found Selina to get it back. At the end of the movie when Bruce was sitting with Selina at a restaurant, it wasn't obvious but Selina was wearing the necklace. It is not explained but it may be how Alfred found Bruce to see if he was still alive, retired, and enjoying his life with someone he loves. We know he loves her because he gave her his mother's necklace, which also shows us that he has finally gotten over his parents' death and no longer blames himself for it. And he finally has a purpose in life other than being Batman. another example of why nolan is the GOAT
August 17, 2017
Clearly inferior to its predecessors but an interesting spectacle with an ambitious premise and memorable ending. A complicated and at times boring plot conspiring to keep Batman out of his own movie will forever keep this very good movie out of the top 5.
August 13, 2017
amazing batman movie 100% worth watching if u ever want to watch a good batman movie this is the movie to find
August 13, 2017
Not as good as the first two, but a fun way to top of the trilogy
½ August 12, 2017
This movie fails to meet the high standards set by the previous installment, however it has its own merits.
August 9, 2017
My favorite of the trilogy. A lot of history in this one, really enjoyed it.
½ August 7, 2017
A really great way to end the Dark Knight Trilogy; Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Gary Oldman are really terrific in this epic conclusion
½ August 4, 2017
The movie has it's great moments, the first half is almost boring but the second half was way better and awesome.
½ August 3, 2017
My Fav in the Trilogy
½ August 2, 2017
The end to the outstanding trilogy. Not the best of the trilogy but a satisfying film.
½ July 31, 2017
A thoughtful and exhilarating cap to one of, if not the best, trilogies of all time.
July 23, 2017
the movie was exceptional I love this movie you have a weaken Bruce Wayne and he has to rise up to save Gotham from bane the movie was so good awesome fight scenes and great story lines once again another batman well done
July 22, 2017
Perfect conclusion,for one the best trilogies of all time.
July 21, 2017
Hard to follow, but that could be because I was multitasking.