The Dark Knight Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

July 11, 2017
A great film, but sadly it will never be rated highly enough as it is in the shadow of the previous film.
July 11, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises is written and directed by Christopher Nolan, once again played by Bruce Wayne/Batman by Christian Bale, with a returning cast of allies: Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordon, and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. The film introduces Selina Kyle "CATWOMEN" by Anne Hathaway, and Bane played by Tom Hardy. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, merciless revolutionary by Bane forces an older Bruce Wayne returning to Batman and save Gotham City by a nuclear holocaust.

Oh my God!!! What are finale with a great trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises has to be one of the greatest finales of any superhero or any movie universe with a great final chapter!!

This is not a Batman film, it is once again a drama action of the telling of Bruce Wayne. For Bruce Wayne keeping away from the public I from eight years after Harvey Dent death from the Dark Knight. From the Dark Knight, Batman didn't win, The Joker did!! From the building of the joker having Harvey Dent going to the darkside of evil Hans Bruce Wayne. I just love it. With each superhero film it is a different story or yet a universe. The dark Knight trilogy is it's own universe, there's no such thing as a DC comic universe in these films. It's Batman universe, no Superman, no Wonder Woman, none, notha. But Batman universe, and I love it!!

Coming from a breaking point of humanity of the Dark Knight, and in the Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne Rises!! I did say that The Dark Knight trilogy it's all in one movie, and I mean it!! It is all one movie, you just can't watch the Dark Knight and just say that it is your favorite superhero film, guilty is one of my top five films, but the Dark Knight is incomplete, you have to watch Batman Begins first, then the Dark Knight, and Dark Knight Rises. It's not a trilogy it's a nine hour movie.

The Dark Knight rises is an epic opus, thrilling drama epically amazing!! Let me just get with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, she is freaking amazing, I love her as Selena Kyle, not very true to the comic books, but very true of a new character like for Selena Kyle. Selena Kyle is pretrade as a thief!! She was never mentioned as Catwoman in the film, but her moves and her thieving is like a cat, I just find it very genius with Christopher Nolan's writing for his characters. Tom Hardy is a genius, i'm so glad that he still collaborating with Christopher Nolan, and making great films!! I love him in The Revenant, I love him in Mad Max Fury Road, and I absolutely love him as Bane!! Once again pain is not for trade in anyway in the comics, he is pretrade it in his own way, muscleman like figure, with a disability that he cannot breathe and has to have a gas mask to help im talk and breath, not like Bane from Batman and robin. Because truly Ban is very smart in the comics, finally they got home right!!

I will not spoil these films, it is not my doing to spoil of any film, it is amazing by what Christopher Nolan made with this franchise, and made it amazing for everybody to love Batman even more. Christian Bale, Love him or hate him as Batman, his portrayal as Batman is very investing to to look at and as an individual of any superheroe upper bringing.

Christopher Nolan has to be one of the greatest directors working today, I mean it!! Hey makes classic after classic films everything single time!! The Dark Knight Trilogy has to be his trademark of film. Sadly can't make anymore Batman films, but he left a blueprint of how to make a great superhero movie three times!!

Grade: A Perfect 10
July 9, 2017
Isn't Bane supposed to be of Mexican heritage?
July 9, 2017
A great conclusion to a great trilogy.

87%
July 8, 2017
Nolan's trilogy comes to a mostly satisfying, dark and ambitious conclusion.
July 8, 2017
Although bugged down with some storytelling and plot issues, The Dark Knight Rises is still a thought provoking film, packed up with some great performances, amazing action sequences and surprisingly some very emotional sequences.
July 7, 2017
Christian Bale becomes the #1 Batman for me after this performance. A fantastic movie to complete one of the most legendary trilogies of our time. Christopher Nolan continues his magic
July 6, 2017
Looks like Nolan's following the "Not so good final movie trend" . Argubaly one of the most confusing ends for a movie
July 3, 2017
The action is on point and the plot is on point all said...
July 1, 2017
The final film in Nolan's Batman series isn't as good as Dark Knight but manages wrap things up nicely despite some plot issues.
July 1, 2017
This film may have showed us how a great franchise should end. Nolan once again used the charm (In a good way) to have a Tour De la France, for a Superhero film like this that shows us emotions, and messages of today's world. This film has a meaningful script, perfect performances by an all-star cast, and edge of your seat action scenes that no other finale might give you. Well done, Nolan. Well done.
June 28, 2017
It was breathtaking, epic, stunning, action packed, emotional, and anything i could have hoped for. The level of tension and desperation just make this a modern day masterpiece. Though a lot of people complain that it isn't the best in the series or its not as good as the second I think the movie holds its own brilliantly. I love the theme of rising above your obstacles and seeing Batman/Bruce Wayne suffer is gut wrenching to watch. I just think it has too many memorable scenes to be considered anything less than perfect. This is a proper sendoff for the trilogy and the film deserved a lot more attention than it got critically. I still say its the best film of 2012 and even one of my all time favorites. It is truly a perfect ending to a perfect trilogy. I love how it makes me feel emotional every time I watch it. Christopher Nolan has truly set the standard for what a great superhero franchise can be.
½ June 26, 2017
The was a great finally for the trilogy. It gives you closure but also allows you to think about what could happen in the future. Tom Hardy was great as Bane.

9.0/10
June 26, 2017
A+
By making the Dark Knight Rises close to as good as The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan has established himself as one the greatest directors and storytellers in the world. This movie could have been a huge let down. It could have been a disaster. But, once again, Christopher Nolan has proved that he is one of the best. Sure the movie wasn't as perfect as the Dark Knight, but it was the conclusion that I was looking for. Christian Bale was stunning, more for his role as Bruce Wayne than Batman (although he is still excellent as Batman). Tom Hardy completely changed the way I thought about Bane. And Anne Hathaway blew my mind away as Catwomen/Selina Kyle. Not to mention the other incredible performances by Michael Caine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, and Marion Cotillard. Everything about the movie wasn't perfect, but all-in-all it was one of my favorite movies of 2012 and maybe of all time.
June 25, 2017
Not as great as the previous installment to the series but still amazing and thrilling. It's criminally underrated.
½ June 24, 2017
9.0/100
Although it became tedious in the middle at times. But its maybe because I knew all the twists The reveal is great that Rahs al guls daughter is Tate and not bane and that bane is tates protector back in the cave. I only half remebered that Tate is bad so this kind of took my by surprise. Banes line "Then you have my permission to die is top notch" This wrapped up every characters ark. Putting Robin as well Robin. The line that Batman gave to Gordon at the end of the movie telling him that he was reassuring when his parents died which makes Gordon realize that batman is bruce. this moment also gave me chills. and as was hinted at the movie Bruce needed to leave Gotham there was nothing there for him he needed to die as a hero. Bruce didnt need to die, Batman needed to die. from the time I watched this movie in the theater to 3 years later this was always my favorite movie.The very end brought me chills and I started tearing up. Where Alfred looks over in the cafe in Florence and sees Bruce with catwoman its unspoken but they both know that Bruce is happy know. And it leaves the audience with mystery is Bruce alive or not? Then answer is yes Brucd is alive Batman is dead.
½ June 23, 2017
Awesome!!! Bane is a great villain. The casting was great and it was the darkest of the three. 4 1/2 because it's not as good as the first two.
June 20, 2017
So sad to see this trilogy end what a perfect way to end it all
A Must See
June 20, 2017
I found this movie to be fairly disappointing with sub-par writing. There are numerous glaring plot holes in this movie that just make no sense when closely analyzed.
½ June 19, 2017
Overall, I was still entertained, though I can understand why theres a good chunk of haters. There are problems, like when you figure out more about Bane near the end.