The Day Shall Come Reviews

• Jun 21, 2021

Wasn't for me at all. But hey if this sort of humor floats your boat go at it. The acting and all is good so, meh.

• Jun 15, 2021

Christopher Morris est connu pour étudier la stupidité de son peuple britannique à travers des situations outrancières, quitte à parfois aller trop loin pour certains (We Are Four Lions). Le problème avec The Day Shall Come, c'est qu'il est allé utiliser la même formule pour les USA. Et ce qui aurait dû être un brûlot contestataire et moqueur devient une sorte de quasi documentaire presque fade avec Anna Kendrick et l'excellent débutant Merchant Davis. De ce fait, au lieu d'être une franche comédie, The Day Shall Come est un manifeste de misanthropie pas très au goût du jour. The Day Shall Come, n'ayons pas peur de le dire, est un film de vieux con. Pas désagréable, pas trop long, mais dépassé et vraiment un film de vieux con.

• Aug 12, 2020

Knowing of Chris Morris from his Brass Eye and seeing him interviewed on the news about this movie I thought I was in for a biting satire about the US security services. The knowledge that it is allegedly based on an absurdly real policy to expose terrorist organisations made it doubly intriguing. However, I found almost everything about be cringeworthy, to the point it is almost unwatchable. Terrible acting, dreadful, unfunny script and amateurish directing make me marvel that this film even got made. So bad was this movie that by the end, I'd forgotten what it was called and had to look it up in order to leave this review! Avoid at all costs as it is so unfunny and bad it is just plain horrid!

• Aug 09, 2020

The lack of empathy for an entire family left a bitter taste that overshadowed the comedic satire of the movie. However, I applaud the outstanding performances of the actors.

• Jul 17, 2020

Sharp, biting satire on the absolute mess that American ‘justice’ can be. Marchant Davis is excellent, Anna Kendrick dependably great (plus she wrote left-handed which makes me like her even more).

• Jul 05, 2020

To be hailed as a comedy is to completely ignore the factual basis for which the scales of the justice system are completely tipped against black and brown individuals. Funny parts peppered throughout a tragic drama does not make this a comedy. It makes it reality that could be funny if it wasn't so terribly true. If you watch this, do not expect to be happy.

• Jun 08, 2020

Entertaining dark comedy that reminds me a bit of The Informer. Often funny but somewhat frustrating if you grow to care about the characters.

• Mar 25, 2020

A bitter and brutal travesty of how our (in effect criminal) criminal justice system effectively terrorizes those maligned souls it dubs terrorists, a farce of justice that far too often ends in real tragedy—though here, it's the comedy that shines through (with all praise due to Allah, Melchizedek, Jesus, black Santa, Mohammed, and General Toussaint).

• Mar 01, 2020

Satires are most powerful when the jokes ring so true that you find yourself laughing at the absurdity of our world and not just the jokes. In this regard, this film soars!

• Feb 06, 2020