The Dead Hate the Living Reviews

• Nov 01, 2019

A really good horror movie.

A really good horror movie.

• Sep 01, 2014

Not incredibly memorable, it takes a while to get started and even then it doesn't go anywhere. The characters aren't that great. There are some fun references and practical effects, which do keep the movie from being a total dud.

• Apr 19, 2013

A low budget, fan boy, shitty excuse for a zombie movie. I hated all the characters and was hoping for the zombie creature things to get them but even those kills weren't that satisfying. This is strictly a movie you make fun of with your friends...nothing more. The reason I did give this 2 stars was some of the zombie effects make up was cool but it was wasted here, it belonged in a much better movie.

• Dec 19, 2012

It's a Charles Band Production--need I say more?

It's a Charles Band Production--need I say more?

• Dec 05, 2012

Not as bad as Children of the Living Dead, but close.

Not as bad as Children of the Living Dead, but close.

• Apr 27, 2012

The Dead Hate the Living! (Dave Parker, 2000) I seem to be one of the few, but I must admit I quite liked this silly little spoof, which is packed full of horror-maven in-jokes. It's made to form (quite like The Eves, above), but in The Dead Hate the Living!'s case, it's not trying to be a horror film, nor a suspense film, nor anything other than a stupid comedy, and that's why it succeeds where The Eves fails; it knows its limitations and instead of ignoring them or attempting (within its obviously ultra-limited budget), it makes fun of them instead. Don't get me wrong, this is still a no-budget film that, according to IMDB's trivia section, was shot in just ten days with a stable of amateur/aspiring professional actors who aren't all that hot, but the crew, inspired by all those horror classics, came up with some pretty inventive ways to stretch those budget dollars. It's not classic cinema by any means, but if you're an aficionado of cheesy no-budget horror, you'll be laughing with this movie more than you're laughing at it. ** 1/2

• Jul 19, 2011

• May 21, 2011

This is from Full Moon Entertainment which is my favorite low budget horror film companies. This started off good. I really liked the storyline and where it was going. My favorite line was "What would Bruce Campbell do?" I was surprised that no one died within the first hour. However, once the first hour is over, the film goes blasting off into the world of "Huh?". The 30 minutes you have left never brings the story full circle and ends with a really weird ending. The zombies are more like deformed demons than zombies and they are caught up in some time suspension. Okaay.......So many other better movies to see than this one.

Jonny B Super Reviewer
    May 10, 2011

I have a soft spot for Full Moon movies and I happen to know the director so I have two biases from the start. Putting both aside, this film falls into the so-bad-it's-good category. Mr. Parker should've known that when he blatantly rips off 'The Beyond' it's not such a good idea to have a Fulci reference every minute. This movie does have potential but all the money was spent on shooting on film instead of shooting digitally and casting better actors and not resorting to an atrocious display of CGI-fire effects.

• Mar 23, 2011

campy zombie flick in the vein of the 'return of the living dead' series. i, too, hate the living.