The Death and Life of Bobby Z Reviews

• Feb 22, 2016

Not a bad watch, no interest in watching it a second time but entertaining enough.

• Mar 03, 2015

The great Bobby Z is coming back. Mike Tearney is a former Marine who has been down on his luck and made some really bad decisions. While in prison, he kills the leader of a large gang. Fortunately for him, the DEA approaches him about a chance to pretend to be a guy named Bobby Z who needs to be exchanged in a hostage negotiation. Mike decides that may be a better option than staying in jail. A wild adventure ensues. "Did you know you have a kid?" "With who? "Does it matter? "Not really." John Herzfeld, director of Two of a Kind, 15 Minutes, Reach Me, Remember, The Preppie Murder, and episodes from television series Tales from the Crypt and The Paper Chase, delivers Bobby Z. The storyline for this is fairly flimsy and weak. The acting was just okay and the cast includes Paul Walker, Laurence Fishburne, Keith Carradine, Jason Flemying, and Olivia Wilde. "We want you to be somebody." "That's what my mom used to say." I came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. We found it moderately entertaining but a bit like Runner Runner. There were some cool shootouts, but I wouldn't even recommend this to action genre junkies. I recommend skipping this movie. "Don't bruise the fruit." Grade: D

• Feb 17, 2015

This was certainly not one of Paul Walker's or Laurence Fishburne's finest roles. Poor directing, loose plot, and laughable action scenes make this movie a bust.

• Jan 06, 2015

it was interesting. wished it was in theaters not direct to video.

it was interesting. wished it was in theaters not direct to video.

• May 14, 2014

Really funny film, worth a watch

Really funny film, worth a watch

• Mar 23, 2014

Not A Big Flick as it casts Paul Walker

Not A Big Flick as it casts Paul Walker

• Oct 23, 2013

Dumb. I'm surprised this was even released straight to DVD.

Dumb. I'm surprised this was even released straight to DVD.

• Aug 08, 2013

muy buena buena trama excelente historia

muy buena buena trama excelente historia

• Jun 02, 2013

Paul Walker still making movies apparently. May as well put Hayden Christensen in it too. Terrible.

• May 16, 2013

Tim Kearney (Paul Walker), a former U.S. Marine, is offered a way out of serving his prison sentence by drug enforcement agent Tad Gruzsa (Laurence Fishburne) - impersonate Bobby Z, a legendary surfer and renowned drug dealer, in a hostage switch with a Mexican crime lord. When the negotiations don't go as planned, Kearney flees, ending up on the run with Bobby Z's young son in tow. also stars Olivia Wilde, Jason Lewis, Chuck Liddell, Joaquim De Almeida, Jacob Vargas, Keith Carradine and Jason Flemyng. directed by John Herzfeld.