The Death of Stalin Reviews

• Jul 31, 2020

I just couldn't get past the accents in this. American, cockney; any cohesion goes right out the window. That, and the fact that the subject matter is so dark. Imagine making a comedy: 'Fred West- The Movie'. Some things are beyond satire.

• Jul 31, 2020

This movie is very funny. It doesn't waste a second

This movie is very funny. It doesn't waste a second

• Jul 30, 2020

Bright and witty writing manages to make the story of the USSR after Stalin's death hilarious. Despite the historical inaccuracies, this movie is still a great and funny movie to watch. Who knows, after watching this movie, you might be interested in the USSR's history as well. The soundtrack was also enjoyable

• Jul 14, 2020

Brilliantly done, fairly loyal to historical accuracy, and funny dark satire. The heated exchanges were hard to understand bc they talked at once

• Jul 08, 2020

Unspeakably brilliant and filled with wit doled out as quick as machine-gun fire. Commies are at their most funny when they're dead or doomed.

• Jul 06, 2020

The Death Of Stalin is a hilarious satire on how the leaders of the Soviet Union react after their tyrannical leader Joseph Stalin has a heart attack. You will see how the leaders of the Soviet Union all try to fight for power using backward conversations and passive aggression, and all in a hilarious satire. The two leaders with the most screen time, Beria (Simon Beale) and Nikita (Steve Buscemi) both performed fantastically, and my favorite of all was General Zhukov (Jason Isaacs). The performance of how they both schemed while at the same time did it in a comedic fashion was so fun to watch. Armando Iannucci did a great job of telling a story and being funny, but not too funny at the same time. I highly recommend this movie. 5 Stars!

• Jul 04, 2020

One of the best burlesque of the century. Hilarious and exorbitantly paramount. I just augmented it as one of my favorite movies.

• Jun 28, 2020

A really good film with a great cast and a great display of history. While for most of the film sides with one side, the end brilliantly shows the shady ness of politics and that the one we were rooting for, may not have been the right choice. It also displays the hidden party’s in the background. Always ready to take over.

• Jun 17, 2020

The most interesting thing about this film is that it actually happened. Of course there are exaggerations, but as a whole it is quite close to a real history. The humor is very, very black. Maybe you'll find it more "funny". As a Russian and a descendant of a murdered "public enemy" myself, I found it hard to laugh most of the time. To me it is more of a drama, told with a strong sense of humor. I liked cast play also. Steve Buscemi, Simon Russell Beale, Michael Palin and all others – very good. That's a big shame for me that this film is actually banned in my country. Seriously, permanently banned. Had to wear an old pirate hat again just to have a chance.

• Jun 12, 2020

I think I got my expectations a little too high for this one. It was pretty funny at times, and it was definitely kinda goofy, but I still feel like it might have taken itself like 40% too seriously. It's got a great cast and most of them are really funny when they have something to work with, but the last third of the movie is bogged down with plot and doesn't have the same style of dry humor as the beginning. All that being said, the scenes where this movie shines make up pretty well for any shortcomings. Jason Isaacs is hilarious, even if he doesn't get as much screen time as the posters would have you believe. Overall I'm a little disappointed, but it's definitely not a bad movie.