The Devil and Daniel Webster Reviews

• 3d ago

A classic film that focuses on how quickly greed and self-interest can shatter the community, destroy one's destiny, and that not all is lost when one moves toward self-satisfaction that redemption is still possible.

• Sep 29, 2020

Excellent movie. Ahead of its time. Well acted. Good scenery. 9/29/20 Rewatch with others

• Jul 22, 2020

Fun film with strong proformances.

Fun film with strong proformances.

• Jun 01, 2020

Saw on TCM. A real original work that I thought may have been a cheap take on Webster. Surprisingly it turned out to take a much more moral tale

• Dec 22, 2019

Wonderful fantasy with great performances and surreal touches. James Craig is way underrated here. He leads the film in a great performance. Watch the way he delivers the line when hearing he is to become a father.... ‘a son. an heir. money’. Walter Huston is fun but gets way TOO much credit. A lead acting Oscar nom? Are you kidding? He is in less than half of the film!

• Jan 31, 2019

The best fantasy movie ever made! With the best movie score ever composed!

The best fantasy movie ever made! With the best movie score ever composed!

• Oct 22, 2017

Sorry, but I have to dissent. I could not even get as far as the courtroom scene (and as a lawyer, I was looking forward to it). The wife was saintly and unflawed, the mother pious and self-righteous, Jabez wooden and the movie only came alive when Scratch was on the screen.

• May 04, 2017

This was a good movie. I thought it was top quality.

This was a good movie. I thought it was top quality.

• Oct 24, 2015

Classic Movie! I enjoy this movie so much I watch it 3 or 4 times per year, it never gets old. A true classic that is not widly know . Watch it and you too will fall in love with it. A 10 Star movie!

• Aug 29, 2015

saw this when I was young.Loved it! Want to see it again, and own it.

saw this when I was young.Loved it! Want to see it again, and own it.