The Devil Is a Sissy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Devil Is a Sissy Reviews

½ May 1, 2011
**1/2 (out of four)

This strangely titled little movie does have its moments, but it doesn't date very well overall and many of the situations look pretty silly now.

Freddie Bartholomew plays Claude, a prissy kid who moves in with his father in Manhattan. He instantly becomes a target for ridicule by the boys in school, but he is finally accepted into their gang when his boxing lessons pay off in a fight. But the kids take to crime.

Nicely shot and interesting to a point, but it just isn't enduring enough.
July 7, 2008
nominated for best picture by NBR
May 19, 2008
If you can get past the title, you'll enjoy the wonderful performance by legendery child star Freddie Bartholomew, and Mickey Rooney as an angsty teen.
December 4, 2007
Boy, to see three stellar child stars working together is a real treat. Jackie Cooper, Freddie Bartholomew, and Mickey Rooney have great chemistry, and there are many magical moments when the three interact here. I've always loved Mickey Rooney in the Andy Hardy films, and he and Judy Garland have done so many great films together. Here, he's on the rise. What a great actor. I'm surprised I never put him on my favorite actor list. He's going up there right now.