The Devil Wears Prada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Devil Wears Prada Reviews

Page 2 of 1945
March 30, 2016
"EGOTISTICAL | SASSY | SOPHISTICATED | SPUNKY | WHIMSICAL" (82-out-of-100)
March 23, 2016
Anne Hathaway if so friggin cute. The movie was better than what I thought. I enjoyed watching it. Great movies and has lot of thing about how to run a magazine
½ March 13, 2016
This movie was appalling! Anne Hathaway's character was an idiot. You can't be a journalist, much less one in NYC, if you're so concerned about what your line cook boyfriend thinks. Do you think Ida B. Wells cared about what shabby grilled cheese flipping assholes thought about her clothes? This movie is disgusting. I literally got sick to my stomach watching this. The message was that you shouldn't change everything about yourself no matter what. That job was a great opportunity. She changed. So what? Margaret Fuller was probably a lot more innocent and sensitive before she worked at The Dial. That crappy newspaper job at the denouement (a job which the character never would've gotten in real life) could've been The New Yorker if she hadn't have gone to her boyfriend's birthday party. She loved that asshole more than writing. You can't love anything more than writing if you want to be a journalist. To quote Susan Orlean (who Meryl Streep ironically played in another film with a performance that shamed her "Miranda Priestly") "The reason it matters to care about something passionately is because it whittles the world down to a more manageable size." If Anne Hathaway's character really loved writing as much she claimed to in this movie, she would've moved out and lived on the fucking street to get away from that asshole. God, I'm so offended I need to go watch Thelma & Louise to get my mind off of this shit...
½ March 10, 2016
The Devil Wears Pada is nothing more than a cliched movie, with a overused final message, with a not original script and with a predictable direction, whose even the great Meryl Streep performances can't outwit.
½ March 10, 2016
March 2, 2016
it was exactly what it was supposed to be and did it well
February 28, 2016
interesting how the of fashion affects ppl. great movie.
February 14, 2016
It falls somewhere in between being either an odd and unpleasant Hollywood comedy or an incredibly straight-faced and horrifying satire. And while that might have been the point and the performances are laudable it is ultimately a movie I'd never encourage anyone to watch.
January 31, 2016
Still holds up quite well, especially the performances, even if the ending remains too neat and cutesy.
January 28, 2016
Meryl Streep is fun, sarcastic and downright vicious in this, well it's not really a chick-flick, so, romantic comedy?
January 23, 2016
This is a pure piece of art. Hathaway and Streep are an extraordinary duo. And the performance of Blunt, Brilliant!
Adding the charisma of Tucci was a fantastic idea.
This movie is perfect!
January 16, 2016
The energy between Streep and Hathaway was great. A number of great moments. I actually didn't care for the message of the movie. But that's not what I cared about. I just cared about seeing what nonsense Streep was going to put Hathaway through and how she'd respond. The most ridiculous of requests got the greatest response. I laughed out loud for a long time at that. This is a very well done movie, chick-flicky message and girly fashion theme aside...
January 16, 2016
Quite a fun and entertaining movie about the struggles of the American dream.A young woman is asked to make life choices about a job industry she is not quite interested in.What is most important in the end?A typical storyline with a typical protagonist.Meryl Streep steals every frame she is in.Actually Meryl is the soul of the movie.Hathaway was fantastic but Meryl was extraordinary!Without her this movie would have flopped.
January 3, 2016
Good use of ninety minutes. Not overlong. Also not a complex plot. Some good amusing characters
December 14, 2015
meryl streep awesome...
½ December 3, 2015
Pretty good for a chick flick. It builds well and find yourself pulling for characters.
½ November 29, 2015
The charm of Anne Hathaway and the ferociousness of Merl Streep help keep this dramedy afloat in this movie about working in the fashion industry without being too bogged down by clichés.
November 23, 2015
Anne hattaway and Meryl streep (the most nominated woman in the oscars ever) are both terrific actreeces, and this movie show you why they should make more movies together.
½ November 18, 2015
45%
This is all too girlish, perhaps I shouldn't have seen it after all. Aside from Meryl Streep's acting, there's nothing really mature here. All the rest is some fashion junk and some common sex and the city kind of situations.
November 13, 2015
Love the fashion and nice chick flix
Page 2 of 1945