The Devil's Candy Reviews

• Jul 09, 2020

This was a very good and spooky movie. This was the first time I've gotten goosebumps from a movie in a long time - it does its reveals excellently and the imagery is disturbing, to say the least. A lovely merging of the haunted house and serial killer genres, The Devil's Candy builds tension to the point where it's almost too much, and then releases it perfectly. This is an excellent film if you don't mind being a little uncomfortable, but I had a blast.

• Jul 05, 2020

The Devil's Candy is about a metal favored family (with what seems like a socially opposite mother) who finds a new house to live. The father, Jesse, is a struggling painter who has an extremely lovable relationship with his daughter, Zoey. Lo and behold the house they moved in has a demonic presence which haunts Jesse and a deranged serial killer looking for 'the devil's candy'. While the movie is extremely short at just around 80 minutes, it has a very moderate pace and at times even felt long. The movie lighting is absolutely fantastic and some of the shots made in the movie made me stare at the screen in awe. The movie is almost comical and made me laugh during the first car scene. It definitely had a fantastically creepy vibe to the entire movie and at first, I was in love with it, but it fell apart in the end. What seemed like a long movie quickly creped to a halt in the last 10 minutes or so when everything jumped at lightning speed. The final scenes had me laughing rather than rooting for the so lovable Zoey and Jesse (you can pretty much forget about the mom). With all the unnecessary screaming and questionable action scenes, this almost ruined the movie for me.....almost. Overall though I did enjoy the movie for its artistic lighting and comical acting. 3 stars!

• Jun 10, 2020

Definitely worth a watch for horror fans. Its not anything new or ground breaking but Pruitt Taylor Vince plays a very believable psycho killer. It is a disturbing home invasion movie and a serial killer movie but it also has some artistic elements that compliment the horror aspect with paintings and music. The end is easily the best part and you definitely feel very scared for the protagonists. Not the best horror movie ever but definitely worth your attention. 7.9

• Jun 09, 2020

Pruitt Taylor Vince is the best freaky character I have ever seen! And Ethan Embry is mesmerizing and I'm straight!😳 A great horror movie!!!!

• May 29, 2020

Everything about this film was incredibley annoying - the terrible music, characters and plot.

• May 04, 2020

The novelty of a demonic possession horror inoculated by heavy metal wears off quickly as the action drives relentlessly into the formula of the genre.

• Apr 12, 2020

Very surprised. This movie swallowed me and made me interested in many ways. It has creepy imagery that works for me (personally creeping me out) and I love how human the whole concept is. Totally recommended!

• Apr 04, 2020

So metal! Siiiiiick. I loved this film. Is heavy metal satanic? Should I avoid listening to that new Behemoth album for the 50th time? Maybe. Maybe not. My mother always told me hell is where the party will be. Still got some years to think about it.

• Mar 03, 2020

The only reason I'd review this is because it's a very, very mediocre film. It does not, in any way, deserve 92% rating. The father-daughter-metal-relationship was a bit embarrasing, and... and I really can't find words for how this film NOT deserves this kind of rating. Sorry.

• Mar 02, 2020

NO expert on modern horrors as I believe the golden era is long over, and everything (I've seen) either imitates this or gorily shocks itself into mediocrity [oh no its another evil kid!]. However, I found this quite a ride, with good lead performances (I only came on here to see if the crazy man was the same one from Identity!) and a solid narrative...Oh - and some Horror! (Capital H!) Its also interesting as my body type is exactly halfway between Ethan Emry and Pruitt Taylor Vince! Just one thing RT...is it 2017...or 2015?