The Distinguished Gentleman Reviews

• Nov 07, 2019

Plot is underdeveloped but overall is still funny comedy and even more politicaly actual than before.

• Aug 17, 2016

Eddie Murphy as a con man who mistakingly becomes a congressman is the theme for this tired, disappointing comedy.

• Jul 27, 2016

I'm talking with my kids about the election and trying to explain to teenagers about that you cared by Congress men votes. And since they're so young minded this is the only movie that I think that they could relate to you on what I have been trying to explain to them. It's not available on Netflix it's not on Comcast. I hadn't seen the movie in a very long time. But I think that they would understand the concept that I've been trying to explain

• Apr 07, 2015

Here's where Eddie really starts to lose me.

Here's where Eddie really starts to lose me.

• Jan 03, 2014

Gotta like the older Eddie Murphy flix...

Gotta like the older Eddie Murphy flix...

• Jul 20, 2013

How Am I Just Seein This lol

How Am I Just Seein This lol

• Dec 26, 2012

Eddie Murphy at his finest, as a con man who tricks the voters into electing him to Congress, where he finds the big con going on in earnest. Entertaining, funny, revealing, and a viciously satiric criticism of our political system. With Sheryl Lee Ralph, Victoria Rowell and Lane Smith.

• Oct 31, 2012

This movie was one of Murphy's funnier older movies, with some great jokes and acting by Murphy with a strong supporting cast.

• Jun 27, 2012

Ca demarre calmement, le rythme n'augmente jamais et EDDIE MURPHY est clairement seul pour brasser du vent et ca dure pres de vingt minutes de trop, mais MONSIEUR LE DEPUTE est un film sympathique, chaleureux et assez amusant, si on s'accroche un peu. Pas un des meilleurs de MURPHY, mais un des plus originaux.

• Jun 04, 2012