The Eagle Reviews

• May 20, 2019

I, overall, liked the movie even though it was highly predictable and it lost its way, if not completely fell apart in the final act.

• Mar 12, 2019

This movie sucked some serious ass

This movie sucked some serious ass

• Jan 19, 2019

Good story line, action throughout. Great movie for a night in with the family.

Good story line, action throughout. Great movie for a night in with the family.

• Jan 14, 2019

The beginning was decent, once i got past the bad dialogue and realized it wasn't a comedic "Gladiator," and Esca's storyline/loyalty kept me intrigued and hoping he wouldn't die. Overall i think that as much as I love Tatum, he wasn't the right actor for the role, and they should have had much better dialogue. They should have at least been calling Britain "Britania." I was expecting it to be at least the quality of the Gladiator

• Dec 25, 2018

As dull as the British weather

As dull as the British weather

• Dec 16, 2017

OK, but underwhelming and forgettable. Overall, the impression is of an old-school made for TV movie with a higher production value. The closest comparison I could draw would be to Attila (2001).

• Sep 19, 2017

Great Movie; Great Book!

Great Movie; Great Book!

• Jul 10, 2017

I was genuinely surprised by this movie. The first time i watched it I was simply scrolling through Netflix and I thought id give it a whirl. The story is good but it's kinda similar to Centurion but its still a decent film. One thing i have to pick on is the depiction of the Scots in this film. They were not the mindless heathens that were presented. Another thing that i wasn't really a fan of was the acting of Channing Tatum. The character seemed a bit flat to me. The action scenes that were presented were well done along with the camera work as well. Not a perfect film but still has quite a few flaws. Nevertheless its a good movie to sit and watch without having to think.

• Mar 19, 2017

It is one of the greatest Roman themed movies I've ever seen. Its plot is truly captivating.

• Feb 01, 2017