The Education of Dee Dee Ricks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Education of Dee Dee Ricks Reviews

½ May 9, 2012
Dee Dee Ricks is a women who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and has decided to document this part of her life so that when her two sons are old enough can see what their mother has gone through. We are introduced to her, she is a hard working single mother who has been able to make a wonderful like for herself and two sons, living in New York in a 14 million dollar penthouse apartment.
During this emotional journey we see her pre surgery, and then post. Radiation is started and we see her brushing clumps of hair out of her head and then crying in rage.
This documentary is one that will pull on your heartstrings, probably even make you cry a little. But that is no reason to avoid something so touching.
May 8, 2012
An incredibly moving and brutally honest account of a woman who has it ALL, including cancer. Ms. Ricks journey through her diagnosis, double mastectomy, and loss of a dear friend is as impressive as it is inspiring. Her rally cry that women dying from cancer because they are poor or uninsured isn't a medical issue but a MORAL issue is one of the truest truths I've ever heard!
½ November 17, 2011
Not the deepest of docs, but lots of genuine heart felt feeling; super wealth doesn't take away from her bravery and her drive to do good.
October 28, 2011
Powerful, honest, courageous, in-your-face stuff. All with the great message that, by championing patient navigation and starting in the community, we can beat breast cancer.