The Einstein of Sex - Life and Work of Dr. M. Hirschfeld Reviews

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Jun 04, 2018

The film's didacticism and lack of aesthetic refinement may push some viewers away, but Rosa von Praunheim doesn't care about that and is mainly interested in telling us the story of the man that was Magnus Hirschfeld and his importance for the LGBT rights movement, which he does.

• Nov 28, 2011

i liked the tranny house maid lady, and all the unrealistically cute boys running around naked. but the rest i could do better with a camcorder and some costumes.

• Mar 06, 2009

• Mar 06, 2009

Fascinating historical figure but low-budget reel.

Fascinating historical figure but low-budget reel.

• Aug 19, 2008

debo ber mas de Rosa von Praunheim

debo ber mas de Rosa von Praunheim

• Mar 27, 2008

Very entertaining bio-pic of perhaps the first gay-rights activist and founder of a sex institute. By turns hilarious and touching - and titillating as well with its chaste depictions of nudity. It's almost too bad this was a true story - the Nazi's storming in at the end was a kind of a downer (those damn Nazis). Again, makes me wonder why straight people feel so threatened by effeminate men.

• Jun 07, 2007

This was a pretty interesting movie that allowed me to understand the history of homosexuality and the litigations that it went through. It even had a Nietzsche quote, I don't remember it exactly but it was along the lines of how humans sometimes should just succumb to their feelings because feelings are natural and it is what makes us human.

• Apr 25, 2007

[center][size=4][b]Der Einstein des Sex [/b][/size]a.k.a. [size=4][b]The Einstein of Sex (1999) [/b][/size][left][img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/tomatoes/fresh.gif[/img] [i][b]Quickrating: [/b][/i]This film may shock, certainly, but it will enlighten and educate. It is also a part of German history. Dr. Magnus Hirschfeld, a Jewish homosexual, set up an Institute in 1921 to research problems concerned with sexuality. Direrctor Rosa von Praunheim has done a magnificent job in bringing the life and work of Dr. Hirschfeld to the screen. It is a frank and honest approach and it is not without its little touches of humour. "The Einstein of Sex" is entertaining, well-acted, and cleverly written. [size=4][color=Red]6.50/10 [/color][/size][center][img]http://www.tlavideo.com/images/catalog_gaybase/154998.jpg[/img] [/center] [/left] [/center]

• Dec 10, 2006