The Employer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Employer Reviews

½ February 11, 2015
No poster again , maybe because the acting of the employes was so bad...how stupid can you keep be to kill people just for a job , i kill for losing my job :-)
August 14, 2014
The movie is just "shit"
July 8, 2014
Locked room thriller that asks 'how far would you go' for The Employer, but it's been done better and with more clarity and purpose.
May 9, 2014
"IN ORDER TO GET THE JOB, YOU MUST ELIMINATE THE COMPETITION"

- 'The Employer' is a psychological thriller written and directed by Frank Merle. I've got a thing for films where strangers are trapped in a place and forced to work with/kill each other to make their escape. The storyline appealed me, but now that I have seen the movie, I feel disappointed. Some of the twists are too farfetched and seem illogical. At the end, I still had some unanswered questions. Pity. In the cast we see Malcolm McDowell (a Clockwork Orange, Rob Zombies Halloween) and cameo-role from Billy Zane (Titanic, Dead Calm). How far would you go to get the dream job?

Five strangers (three men and two women) wake up in a locked room after being drugged and kidnapped by mysterious men. They don't seem to have anything in common, until they learn that each of them has solicited for a position at the Carcharias Corporation, a large and powerful company. The five receive a telephone call from the interviewer, only known to them as 'The Employer' (McDowell). He explains them that only one of them will be getting the job; the one who's the last person alive in the room...
January 21, 2014
Unfortunately, the material here is a little too repetitious to recommend and The Employer's story has been seen in film several times before.
December 24, 2013
Ultimately rubbish, but quite good fun from a certain low budget perspective.
November 15, 2013
Pathetic acting and language that took away from the already boring plot.
September 26, 2013
As a fan of Malcolm McDowell, I really enjoyed his performance as The Employer. He's equal parts creepy and funny as he interviews his unlucky candidates.
August 14, 2013
It really sucked ... dude totally a piece of SHIT... thanks for making our lifemiserable with this kind of crappy movies
½ July 23, 2013
Pretty good movie, it held my interest. At the end, I would have shot the employer.
July 22, 2013
very very good low budget movie;)