The End of Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ January 17, 2016
Tipica pelicula Isat
Ps. Mark bebazo
½ October 3, 2015
This was a touching movie, though hard to follow. I think that the acting by the child is quite exceptional. Father and son story just on a different scale.
August 13, 2015
This movie was alright, but sort of confusing to me. He is a struggling actor, but he gets invited to Michael Cera's party with famous people like Aubrey Plaza and Alia Shawkat... What?? The kid was cute and it showed me how annoying children can be, and we still love them. I guess that is what made this movie 3 stars instead of one. Also............... RIP goldfish. I get why he did that but that was really sad to me
December 31, 2014
A beautiful heartwarming movie
April 6, 2014
me gusto mucho! nose porque tuvo tan mala crítica, sinceramente me pareció una muy linda película.
January 9, 2014
Svakako jedno do boljih ostvarenja koje uklju?uje djecu. Otvoren, intiman, realan.
½ November 22, 2013
I like slow movies, but this is a little extreme. As someone on imdb said, just Mark Webber filming some play time with his son. Though I often like movies like this - a young actor writing and directing his own film - maybe I feel a little duped on this one.

I recognized Webber from the start, but I think the only movie of his I really like is Good Dick (Jason Ritter makes a brief appearance in this movie). But reading up on his bio, looks like he had a pretty rough childhood growing up on the streets, and he may be an okay guy as he is now an advocate for the homeless. But man, dragging this thing on for 90 minutes? Whew!

He did get a decent cast of young actors, mostly playing themselves at a house party at Michael Cera's. They mostly add nothing to the movie. Shannyn Sossamon is about the only named character in the movie and she's decent. Pretty girl that, I believe, often gets the crazy role. She's not bad in a much more subdued, realistic character.

It's not a horrible story idea: young, struggling actor has a child. The mother dies suddenly. He's struck trying to keep his career going while raising the child on his own. But it was just too damn slow and featured the 2-year-old far, far too much. The most effective part of the film was the whole goldfish deal, but I really hope there were some camera tricks going on there. I don't give a shit how artistic your film is supposed to be, you can't just go around killing little fishies for the sake of art.
½ October 14, 2013
I would like to start out by saying that the first "review quote" atop of this poster is completely incorrect. This movie will not sit with you long after you've left the theater however, the second is very true. The entire movie is a natural collection of father and son moments....why? Because Isaac in the movie is Mark's real life son.
I understand that the film was trying to convey accepting death and moving forward however I don't think Mark knew exactly how to execute that without being blatant which is exactly what happens towards the end with the goldfish.
What Mark has done is make a movie about his life with a few situations distorted (his wife is not dead, they are separated). After watching the film, I knew Isaac had to be his son because there was no way a child that young could give such a raw and real performance. Sure enough, Mark had a friend follow them around with a camera, the kid never knew he was making a movie, which adds to it's realism. What we get is a natural father/son relationship that I don't think can be duplicated.
The main problem lies in the story/plot, it's pretty much MIA. Mark has no money and can't get any gigs (insert cameo here by actor playing him/her self), is alone, "struggling" to take care of Isaac and trying to fill the void of his passed girlfriend with Shannyn Sossaman and some Jocelyn chick. I kept thinking throughout the movie, "why doesn't get a JOB while he tries to book a gig?"
Aside from the lack thereof of a good plot, it will be intriguing to see what Mark comes up with next, albeit he doesn't base another movie on his personal life.
½ September 28, 2013
I love the intimacy between Mark Webber and his son, but the pretentiousness is obnoxious. It's like Mark is dead convinced that his struggles are so compelling to himself that they just need to be committed to film. This film was touching, but did it really need to be made? I don't think so. Sorry, Mark.
September 1, 2013
It was okay drama....
August 19, 2013
This movie is really slow moving. The audience is waiting for the plot to develop and the pace to pick up but it never really does.
August 17, 2013
Well, Marc Webber's baby is cute. ...It was sort of like watching an out of work actor's depressing home movies. I suspect the intention was to entertain, but I was bored.
½ August 16, 2013
La película es interesante, y tiene un tema que bien se pudo explotar de una forma interesante y profunda, cumple con esto hasta cierto nivel, sin embargo el mayor inconveniente de la película es el ritmo que tiene, el cual es hasta cierto punto pesado, y podría llegar a decir tedioso. Buena película, pero pudo ser mucho mejor.
½ July 18, 2013
I would not recommend this movie. It's pretentious, and it's overly ambitious in the sense that the filmmaker thinks (for some reason) that the audience will enjoy this film. Do yourself a favor and ignore this one.
½ May 7, 2013
Depressing movie thats overall good but not without flaws. one to many scenes of the kid being cute.
½ April 3, 2013
Filmed in cinéma vérité style, Mark Webber's deeply intimate and personal story shines as an honest expression of his heart and soul.
March 31, 2013
How do people raise kids without help from family?
March 17, 2013
Very emotional. Could be accused of being over navel-gazey, but that didn't make it any less poignant for me. Pluses- so many Scott Pilgrim actors.
½ March 3, 2013
There's an emotional build to this film that doesn't fully unfold until the credits roll. So raw that it feels hard to watch at times, but the authenticity, moments of love, hope and humor kept me invested. Beautifully shot, leaves a lingering melancholy
March 1, 2013
A beautiful film! I had the chance to see it at Sundance a year ago. The theater was packed and the audience loved it. A very raw look, almost a documentary style at someone struggling with it's own demons and almost normal every day life. Great performances, including a none-performance by the little boy, who is amazing in the film! I loved it and I wish american filmmakers would make more films like that!