Evil Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evil Dead Reviews

September 23, 2016
A very gross yet creepy movie, I Deffinetly had a fun time watching this. It has the most unnecessary gore, but in a way it works. With hints to the original this movie Deffinetly was a good remake. A side comment who names their dog "Grandpa"?
½ September 17, 2016
gory and also a little creepy
½ September 14, 2016
Apparently the witch in the basement swallowed this remakes soul. It really tried to be good, but could never break out and be great.
½ September 13, 2016
One of the goriest movies I've ever seen. It's not a complete match to the Evil Dead of 1981, but it's still a compitent and entertaining enough reboot. The gore effects are excellent, but have no campiness to them, something that made the original so good. And, the movie itself is also a little too dark and bloody, even for the series. But I watch remakes with a very open mind, so others may or may not like it. But still, recommended !!
½ September 8, 2016
This movie was nothing more than a gore fest. If you're into that, good for you but I hated it. There was basically no plot, poor writing, the worst ending I've ever seen and all it was was people dying and a lot of fake blood and screams. I don't even think the acting in this movie was very good. The only reason I gave this movie 2.5 stars is because it was so bad it was funny and I suppose it mediocre as a comedy.
½ September 4, 2016
Dullish remake with inferior gore effects, boring performances and absolutely no humour or scares. Visually it is interesting to look at, but that's about it.
August 29, 2016
One of the best remakes to a film I've seen this decade.
½ August 28, 2016
Gory good fun, not particularly scary. Evil Dead amps up tension through a well constructed atmosphere of dread and though the blood gets a little crazy it's very hard to look away. The characters are thin but that's to be expected in a movie where they are just human targets, but suprisingly the main lead manages to do some interesting stuff with her part.
August 27, 2016
Somewhat of an average Hollywood horror. As a remake, it serves well with fresh special effects and keeps you watching til the end. Undecided if I'd wasn't this one in the collection... I do enjoy the legend of the book of the dead. Somewhat riveting, but I felt this film could have been a but better.
August 26, 2016
I wouldn't say this movie was "horrifying" or "scary" in any way, but I definitely had to turn away during a lot of scenes and not look. Extremely gory/disturbing visuals.
August 26, 2016
58%
With "Evil Dead," Fede Alvarez sacrifices the campy low-budget thrills of the original for ineffective jump scares, despite being noticeably creative with its makeup department, diminished use of CGI, and identifiable characters.

V: 66%
August 24, 2016
Great gory adaptation of Sam Raimi's classic movie. It grows on you every time you watch it again.
August 24, 2016
Despite its flaws to trace upon the pavement of the original, this unique remake is such an enjoyable film. It actually practices and pushes the art of makeup and can be quite a horrific tale to view. Need a good horror movie?Welcome to the Evil Dead of our generation. Bloody good!
August 18, 2016
64%
While it delivered on scares for me its shift in tone after the twist took me out of the movie. It was a better remake then I was anticipating but there is only one King I hail to! They make you earn that cameo too.

Acting 7
Rewatch 3
In Theaters 3
Sequel/Complete 5
½ August 17, 2016
i am 13, watch it on my laptop at 3pm, had a bad sleep that night, but it was a BLOODY great movie
August 16, 2016
If you like blood, you'll love this.
August 15, 2016
"I will rip your soul out, Daddy." Fucking fantastic!
August 14, 2016
this movie was ok not bad not good just ok it's gory and the story is hard to fallow and it fells like they went over to much sure it's supposed to be gory but I was expecting more but they didn't give it to me
½ August 13, 2016
I was a sucker for both, even though this one took on different style.
It also may have one of the best post-credit scenes too
½ August 13, 2016
I don't understand how Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell could endorse such a piece of shit.