The Facility - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Facility Reviews

February 29, 2016
The Facility: Eight volunteers find themselves fighting for survival when a drug trial goes horribly wrong.
The idea itself is very creative and interesting until the end. First off the scare and fear was not felt, the actors were good but the story was a mess. Adding a few jump scares and extra violence would have done a lot for this film to really just get the idea across. I don't mean bloody gore everywhere but enough to put fear in the audience. Secondly I don't like the ending it makes the rest of the movie unimportant and meaningless. Overall it was boring and had many problems but so much potential.
June 21, 2015
Not exactly new to the genre but but there are some interesting parts with some sense of dread but as a whole just below average.A 'if there is nothing else worth while on you could do worse"type of movie.
DrStrangeblog
½ June 10, 2015
Pretty well acted and a premise involving enough to push through, but in this instance the low low low budget really hampers the ability to frighten. Specifically, volunteers for medical testing who begin to show dangerous behavior and are quickly (and rightfully) separated from the others, though when that happens, the threat level just doesn't seem that precarious. You can't generate more than a low level of danger by looking at some crazies through a remote camera. One scary encounter in the doctor's office stands out, the rest doesn't perform well enough for success. To see people creeping around a medical facility facing a constant nerve-tingling threat of attack, the sequence in "World War Z" shows you how it's done.
March 19, 2015
I actually liked this more than I thought I would. My friends and I pick up random suspense/thriller/horror flicks from time to time and most of them are so badly made that it's painful to watch. This one at least kept our attention.
December 27, 2014
Horror thriller that holds your interest and carries a warning about trusting in science for answers. Makes one wonder what the drug was to be used for. Good guess, to give to soldiers before a fight or battle to make them capable of violent rage
½ November 18, 2014
kinda like 28 days later
November 15, 2014
It had potential...but it failed. Not enough style or substance. The actors were not horrible though, too bad they didn't have better material to work with.
½ September 24, 2014
If you think drawing and quartering Ian Clark is too harsh a punishment then you haven't seen this film!
September 15, 2014
Really enjoyed it, good british horror. basic story and it doesn't take long for the action to kick in.
½ May 17, 2014
Low budget plus some art house cinematography does not make this a good movie.
March 12, 2014
A thriller that's all set up no pay off...
December 15, 2013
This could have been good but drifted about too an unsatisfactory conclusion. Not B - movie enough and not good enough!!
½ November 17, 2013
good plot idea, ruined by the dreadful acting
October 9, 2013
realistic but boring. takes awhile to get started and when it does ur left expecting more..
Clap , Clap , Clap ,CLAP .... amazing
September 11, 2013
Late night fun scary film.
September 11, 2013
This low-key Brit-horror, my first late-night offering at Edinburgh 2012, builds suspense and a sense of impending doom from the outset. This is maintained by effective close camera-work, sustained periods of silence, and sparing but effective scares. Not the best preparation for a 1:30am dog-walk upon returning home!
½ August 9, 2013
A nice take on the 1% of voluntary drug testing that goes wrong. A resident evil esc. direction. The flaw in this is the end is so dull it ruins the film.
July 29, 2013
Impressive debut--Realistic horror!!
½ July 4, 2013
An interesting and well-made British horror film concerning volunteers for a drug trial that goes terribly awry, The Facility is a mostly effective interrogation of capitalism's dark underbelly in which even human beings become nothing more than expendable test subjects. Featuring a few found-footage-style moments, The Facility ultimately never quite builds to a climax like it should. It is a slow-burn horror film that just doesn't quite pay off in the end. Still, a relatively enjoyable ride....