The Fat Spy Reviews

• Dec 10, 2017

Better than "Citizen Kane." And it has boats. And Doing the Turtle. And the worst lip-syncing outside a Super Bowl halftime. Antepostmodern brilliance.

• Nov 23, 2012

with a title like that and Phyllis Diller how can you loose?

with a title like that and Phyllis Diller how can you loose?

• Oct 14, 2009

I've watched it and the film is pretty good but I feel sorry for Jayne Mansfield as she plays a bimbo character. The older characters are all basically "bumpkins" or evil and the dancing scenes are rather voyeuristic if not sexist. A decent film at best and one dvd I had no regrets about promptly selling to a "buy-sell" store. It's considered a campy comedy and that is the best description of it whether you consider it funny or not. Belongs close to the "Porky's" section of the store...

• May 26, 2009

the music and dancing were fun and hysterical. but i fell asleep about a quarter through.

• Aug 29, 2008

WELL IVE SEEN MOST OF IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL IVE SEEN MOST OF IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aug 05, 2008

This makes SKIDOO look like

This makes SKIDOO look like

• Aug 02, 2008

This is a really bad movie. Even the director didn't like it. It's supposed to star Jayne Mansfield but she was pregnant when they made the movie so they put her in a lot of tent dresses that hid her figure. The real star is Phyliss Diller. She was the only funny character in the movie. The background story was a group of teenagers who went out to explore a small island in their swimming suits. They keep breaking out in really bad folk songs that were written for the movie. The "Fat Spy" is played by Jack E. Leonand. If you don't know who he is, neither do I. He played two characters in the movie. The two characters are supposed to be brothers. One is "Spying" on the teenagers with Jayne Mansfield. Supposedly they are looking for the fountain of youth. The whole movie was filmed in a town in Florida. The town probably paid for the movie to advertise the tourist attractions in their town.

• Jul 18, 2005

ONE OF THE STRANGEST AND STUPIDEST MOVIES EVER. A CURIOUS COMBINATION OF COMEDY, FANTASY, MUSICAL AND ROMANCE. LAUGHABLY BAD ACTING AND A ONCE IN A LIFETIME CAST. TRULY WEIRD