The Fatal Glass of Beer Reviews

• Feb 08, 2012

An extremely funny WC Fields film. Wonderful!

An extremely funny WC Fields film. Wonderful!

• Dec 26, 2010

A work of genius. Way ahead of its time.

A work of genius. Way ahead of its time.

• Nov 16, 2010

Enjoyable W.C.Fields short classic film, and his is in good form with his unique homor. Amusing and entertaining.

• Aug 30, 2010

I consider myself a strong appreciator of the irreverent and bizarre, but this W.C. Fields short takes a few too many liberties with its liberation and ends up being an inaccessible and generally unfunny outing. I do appreciate the storyline the film tries to follow, and I think there is something to be said about the unconventional jabs it takes at family living, but the script is too unfocused to allow for any real comic depth, or even any of the simplistic slapstick set pieces Fields' films are usually so full of.

• Aug 25, 2009

This is often considered Fields' most bizarre work. Indeed, I found it a little odd as he plays a Canadian prospector and acts rather silly. There are moments I loved such as when Fields is pelted with snow everytime he utters a certain phrase or the soup scene, but overall the film lacks in entertainment. "The Fatal Glass of Beer" refers to a song that Mr. Snavely (Fields) sings about his son. I didn't really get the humor in it and I just found the film, as a whole, rather boring. I guess I need a little more substance with my humor.

• Aug 13, 2009

"It's not a fit night out for man or beast."

"It's not a fit night out for man or beast."

• Aug 09, 2008

actually, kind of unwatchable. the gags are overly repetitive and didnt really strike a cord with me in the first place. aside from that, theres no coherent story here. i can respect fields for the bank dick and 1, maybe 2 of his shorts, but man, some of it just isnt any good.

• Jul 11, 2008

Easily my favorite Fields short. In fact, I wish I was W.C. Fields.

Easily my favorite Fields short. In fact, I wish I was W.C. Fields.