The Fields - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fields Reviews

January 7, 2013
Not worth your time. While it does have its suspenseful moments, and Cloris Leachman is, as always, superb, its trite, and predictable. See something else.
December 20, 2012
boring, no suspense...nothing scarey here...waste of time
November 10, 2012
Unbelievably horrible. I wish I could get the last couple hours of my life back. I saw this movie for free and I paid too much. Don't waste your time.
October 8, 2012
I have no idea when or what makes this a "thriller". My husband and I gave up after 30 minutes - although Cloris Leachman was a hoot-and-a-half!
½ September 29, 2012
Tara re­d es muy guapa en American pie y ese es todo su valor

The fields nos trae una historia de suspenso sobre apariciones que son otra cosa
½ September 29, 2012
interesting low budgeter with some good performances and a few good film references, can you spot them?
September 2, 2012
The grandmother is hysterical... But otherwise pretty underwhelming...
½ September 1, 2012
I love cloris leachmen but this was a poorly directed film with a boring script. Cloris was entertaining in a campy way but the director just did a terrible job pulling anything from this lifeless script. And Tara Reid's acting was truly the scariest part.
½ August 22, 2012
Worst movie ever... Awful!
½ July 31, 2012
Not even sure what this was meant to be about, just boring, boring, boring!
July 27, 2012
a terrible movie, unless you like swearingJesus' and God's name in vain.
July 25, 2012
One of those movies where you keep waiting for something to happen but it never does.
July 11, 2012
Great story and very creepy atmosphere! The pacing seemed a little bit off, not to mention Tara Reid's dependable wooden acting. These seemed minor quibbles to me but to each his own.
½ July 4, 2012
I couldn't stand to watch more than 15 minutes of this movie. The script seems pasted together from random newspaper bits and Tara Reid is completely lifeless and unbelievable as a mother. Ugh.
½ June 30, 2012
Don't waste your money.
June 22, 2012
This movie was not a horror or thriller, but just a simple story about a boy and his grandparents who are being harassed by a pedophile. If you only like horror films with blood, guts, and mindless killing this is not your movie. Cloris Leachman did a fantastic job as the grandmother. The scenery of the film was awesome. If you like different films, check it out!
June 22, 2012
boy, this movie sucked.
½ June 19, 2012
The film is best at recreating the atmosphere--using sounds, lighting, characters who are slightly off--from the boy's point of view, how things that are darkly odd can become downright scarringly freaky to a sensitive child. Unfortunately, the film itself fails to hang together satisfactorily.
½ June 18, 2012
This movie moved so slow I fast forwarded to the end wondering if anything ever actually happens... A guy hung himself from the rafters in a barn. I suddenly realized I was standing in a chair with a thick rope in my hands... fast forward saved my life ( at least an hour or so of it )
½ June 17, 2012
I can't seem to give this an even lower rating. I waited to see if anything would happen, nothing ever did - a complete waste of time and film. Terrorized ? Some idiot breaks the windows of the house, runs around and knocks things down a couple of nights. Mysterious presence - what mysterious presence? So, what time of year was it suppose to be? half the corn field was green, but most of it was long dead - should have been plowed under long ago. All this because some kid heard about Charles Manson, some hippies show up, and some farm hand has either mental issues or is an addict. The kid grew up to make a lousy movie.